1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Gawith Hoggarth Coconut twist in a custom bilt.. Just got out of the lake, now in the yard checking my grape vines...

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

GH CR Flake in a Pony Cob.

:th1::th1:

3. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

Had MacB Mixture Modern in a MM Legend. Found it kind of...boring. Maybe I let it dry too long? IDK...I've got a 100G tins worth (-2 bowls) so I'll come back to it eventually and see if I still find it boring.

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Second consecutive day off....am I on vacation or something? This calls for yet another smoke. Sutliff Private Stock's "French Quarter" in my Brebbia Night. I used to smoke this aromatic blend rather frequently for a short while. Its been some time, and the contents of the open tin have dried a bit. It's got a unique liqueur flavoring element to it, yet it maintains a decently "authentic" tobacco flavor. Enhanced by the flavoring, not masked. It's very mild and easy to smoke too fast so I have to be careful to pace myself, but all in all its not too bad. Kind of a nice change of pace.

Turkish coffee on the side. I found a bunch of shot glasses and demitasse cups at a garage sale for twenty five cents each today, so I got four tiny ceramic cups today for a buck to drink my coffee from. I'm trying to get rehired at Starbucks, so if that works out I'll also have one to keep at work for my espresso. :)

5. Waino

Waino Active Member

Rattray┬┤s Red Rapparee in a Stanwell Nordic.

6. Beale

Beale Active Member

PSEO in my MMCG

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Sugar Barrel in a Malaga Oom Paul. Sweet tea and a gentle breeze accompanying me.

8. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Condor in a cob. Yep.

9. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

Settling in with some Classic Burley Kake in a Large Lewis Billiard - woohoo, it's Friday...

10. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Old Gowrie in a Design Berlin bent, fat apple. Old Gowrie is so good, it's really grown on me it's absolutely delicious. The pipe is a new one I just got it in from an Ebay win and it's fantastic I love it. My luck with pipes from Ebay has been exceptionally good, haven't got a clunker yet.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  11. 51flgoose

51flgoose Member

I have Design Berlin Bent, Fluted Apple... It is part of my regular rotation. It's an excellent smoker... I have to say that the name, "Design Berlin" leaves me a little flat - but they make a good pipe.

12. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS LBF in a MM egg.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Davidoff Danish Mixture in my Stanwell Zebrano billiard. Quite enoying it :puffy:

14. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

OG is still my favorite non-flake Virginia. It might even be my favorite overall VA. I'd lay a tin of OG with a couple years on it against just about anything.

Wicklow likes this.
  15. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I agree with you that the name is kinda "meh" and to be honest I felt I was rolling the dice on this one. I knew little of the maker but the shape was perfect and it looked well put together. It is a great smoker though, paired with the Old Gowrie it was a heavenly smoke. Here's a link to it -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...39039&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4533wt_1115

16. Mbalta

Mbalta Member

St. Bruno ready rubbed in a green Peterson Celtic 01. It's the 1st Virginia+Kentucky blend I try. Different, but damn it's good!

17. Iain

Iain Active Member

Royal Yacht in a Goldspot Bulldog

18. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

IRC VA Flake in a Pete bulldog.

19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

On the advice of Sarge564, Dan Tobacco's Limerick in my Dr. Bob straight billiard. Another stellar recommendation from a fellow PSF member! Thanks, Sarge!

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Where's your Bill W. brandy? :rofl:

All jokes aside, I'd like a Dr Bob. They look like some good pipes!

I'm smoking PS Proper English in my Ben Wade Canadian and watching Despicable Me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.