Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's good stuff but the EOS has a cool/spice like thing goin on that is freaky good ... I wont have any till winter but if you havent tried it by then let me know . I think it stands out on its own

2. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

My first taste of SWR Aro and I'm floored!!! The Kaywoodie #4 Flame Grain Billiard is beautiful with it's long graceful shank cooling every draw, not that there is anything about this easy tobacco that needs cooling. Such a rich mellow smoke with just enough chocolate to make your mouth water.
    It's been a great pipe day for me. Ruffino did a little shopping. Earlier, I had a wonderful Altadis Creme Brulee in my Kaywoodie #14 meerlined, followed by a small bowl of Sutliff St. George's Blend in a Dr Grabow acorn that Ruffino stripped, sanded and refinished beautifully. Not bad for a newbie girlie girl. :puffy:

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Good morning, just been for my Sunday newspaper and as usual - there were the little bags of G&H Dark XX on the shelf, so I'm shaving some off, for my first bowl of the day! (Baki 1/2 bent meer)
    OT

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

Morning, all!!!!
    I'm smoking my first pipe of the day, a Barling Garnet Grain, filled with bulk English Mixture.
    I actually topped the load with a pinch of Old Holborn, the dregs from my cigarette tobacco tin.... it has quite a nice taste to it.:)

5. johnhwatson

johnhwatson Member

My own blend made from leftover 60% St Bruno 30% condor 10% Balkan mixture. A strong but pleaseant smoke

shadow likes this.
  6. qwik

qwik Member

Dunhill FLAKE, thumbs up to Beale for trade and samples . thegoodstuff

shadow likes this.
  7. shadow

shadow Active Member

Gotta give this one a try! It's Dunhill after all.:)
    At the moment I'm smoking Torben Dansk #14 (Flake) in a small Ben Wade, shape number 52. Excellent!!!!

8. Charles

Charles Member

I smoked 5 bowls of Dark Twist yesterday with coffee. We've officially hit a nice fall temperature this weekend! Nice and cool in the high 60s which means coffee all day! Starting today off with some more coffee and Dark Twist!

Oh ya and watching Ancient Aliens! Fantastic show!

Wicklow likes this.
  9. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Good morning all,

Rattray Dark Fragrant in a Jirsa Bulldog, coffee and vanilla creme on the side.

10. Capt

Capt Active Member

Finally got home after working a 48 hour shift. Just starting to unwind in my smoking chair watching the news. Deciding what sounds good right now. I am leaning towards some kind of VA flake...........

11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Got to sleep into 9:30 AM which was nice. Smoking some Carter Hall in my MM cob with coffee on the side.

12. shadow

shadow Active Member

Dunhill 965 in a Peterson Sherlock Holmes: Deerstalker with P-lip.

13. Capt

Capt Active Member

Decided on some Laurel Flake I have had cellared since 2002.

14. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Park-Lane VA Mistress in a Hackert antler stemmed General. This blend is tasty, for sure, but it keeps sending my tongue warning pot shots.

15. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

SWR / Grabow lark acorn / coffee . The perfect morning smoke

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, it's certainly a dark and stormy morning, sure to cool things off a bit! First of the day is Peter Stokkebye's Proper English in my Johs bulldog. Tasty stuff, though the pouch aroma is terrible. I love the smell of latakia, but this stuff smells "dirty" but tastes great.

A Danish take on an English blend in a Danish take on an English pipe shape. Hmm :sh:

17. Charles

Charles Member

On my second bowl of Dark Twist in the same MM Gent with a cup PG Tips on the side.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Smoking a half bowl of Davidoff English Mixture in my Luciano ball. It's behaving quite nicely today, and is offering sweet VA notes which are often drowned out by the more assertive presence of burley in the blend. I'm digging this. Hopefully I can get the bottom caked nicely over the cracks that developed recently :(

19. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Blackwoods Flake in a Savinelli bulldog, ice water along side.

Capt likes this.
  20. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Starting Sunday with Carter Hall in MM spool cob....:puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.