Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Try the Haymarket yet? Another winner IMO! ;)

2. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

MC Blackwoods in a Peterson Bull Dog

3. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

GH Louisiana Flake in a Stanwell billiard, Guinness Draught along side.

4. Scottly

Scottly Member

Walnut in a Legend.

ATXPipe likes this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Perfection !

6. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Spent the day tiling my kitchen floor. My back aches.
    :wch:
    Time for a smoke.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Just think , tomorrow you get to grout . And the next day you get to clean the tile ..... better smoke a few bowls man!

8. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS LNF in a cob.

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Penzance in my Joh's bulldog. Spiderwebbed something fierce and a tiny chunk popped out of one side of the chamber, but it's not seeming to negatively effect out it performs. Still, only one sensible course of action...smoke it more and fill it in with cake!

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just recently picked up a 2oz block of Grousemoor plug from Smoker's Haven. Great price too, because the stock is so old they haven't updated the prices (shhh, don't tell them!)

The other stuff I bought them out of needed rehydrating, but the plug was just fine.

It's thick stuff and difficult to cut, but I like it! I've been wondering what the mixture is like, I might pick up a tin of it. It would be nice stuff to smoke when wanting to remember warm weather in the dead of winter.

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I don't know what the plug looks like, but the mixture is a nice light ribbon cut Virginia, and the "long-used essence" seems to be applied with a rather light touch. The flavor is rather mild; the Virginia leaf is quite different than any other I've tried from Gawith, with a nice kind of citrus flavor, and the Lakeland floral note is more apparent in the air than on the tongue. Honestly, I expected something a little weirder, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how easily I took to it. I was prepared to give it four or five bowls before judging it, but I'm quite pleased with it after only one. I guess it is Sam Gawith, after all. They seem incapable of producing anything that isn't likable on some level. I'm pretty sure this will make the regular rotation.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yeah, I recently enjoyed the plug with a big mug of jasmine green tea. It was a nasty, cold, rainy day and I wanted something spring-y. They went well together, as neither is too flowery. I think the claim of lemongrass as the main flavor/scent is right on the money. Very different, in a very good way!

13. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

:bangin:
    And this is after last weekend when I got to paint the kitchen. Twice. Wife didn't like the first color. (I have to admit, the second color does look much better.)
    Jeez, can't a guy just be a lazy sack anymore? :)

You're right, Ruff, time for bowl #2.

14. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Erinmore flake in a MM cob. These dadgum flakes are gonna' turn me into a smoker.

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Dark Flake in the Royal Coachman

I wish it had a glossier finish, but despite that this is one of the best looking pipes I own, and I think it actually is either THE best or the second best smoker I've got - possibly beaten by the Stanwell (which I ought to rededicate since I so rarely smoke aromatics and it's such a good pipe). This was absolutely the best purchase I've ever made in terms of buying a pipe, because I got it for 45 bucks as an estate. Even if the Stanwell DOES smoke better it cost me more like 80 dollars.

And it's all Ruffinogold's fault for talking me into trying out an estate pipe!

16. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

A rolled Top cigarette, although I felt a need to post. Having a really good night, just seemed like the thing to do.

17. boon

boon Member

Another bowl of Nording's Labrador. This time in my Soren. Love this pipe. Also it's raining this morning. Nothing more relaxing than smoking when it's raining...

18. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Finishing up the sample of Sutliff's St. George's Blend that the Ruffs sent me in the Blind Review Thread. Got it going in my MM Gent with a cup of coffee on the side while I watch something on the PBS app.

19. Beale

Beale Active Member

McB Navy in my Diplomat

1776 Old Dominion in my Washington.

20. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

F&T Cut VA Plug in a Rinaldo Dublin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.