Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles

Charles Member

Been awhile since I posted! I missed it! A big Viking filled with CH with some strong dark coffee on the side. Hoping it will snow again today!

boon likes this.
  2. Scottly

Scottly Member

CH in a legend, glad its gonna make 80* today, pass on the snow till December

HCraven likes this.
  3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

MB Vanilla Creme in John Rolfe No Name Dublin. Yum.:D

4. SSG P

SSG P Member

Grandma's Kitchen in a full bent irish

Sidenote: this blend is growing on me very quickly. Very creamy & rich, but mellow & satisfying. Like it very much.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Dark Birdseye in a clay pipe DWaugh DIDN'T make. How did that happen? ;)

6. troyn60

troyn60 Member

PS LNF in a bent MM egg with some coffee. May have to break out an English blend this afternoon.

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

St Bruno Ready Rubbed in my La Rocca Dublin. Sparkling water on the side

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Well, for once smoke ISN'T aggravating the heck out of my eyes. Taking advantage of this(and the nice weather)...smoking IRC VA Flake in my Pete bulldog.

9. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Wow, Yin, I wasn't sure you had any pipes left to smoke after trading away so many on the Take One Leave One thread. All were nice, but that Kirsten was really something, box and all.

Anyway, I gotta go mow the lawn in a bit, so I think I'll find something else to stuff in my Gent and smoke while I'm out there. Maybe some GAF, as I haven't had it in a while. Plus it goes well with fresh cut grass.

Oh, glad to hear that your eyes are getting better. :)

10. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

GH Bright CR Flake in a Luciano apple, followed by GH Louisiana Flake in a Stanwell billiard, with a Guinness Stout on the side and the Eagles vs. Bills on the tube. God I love October!

Kiowapipe and Waino like this.
  11. Waino

Waino Active Member

Vintage Syrian in a "Viking" (cheap but well smoking pear-tree pipe). Dark evening here. Sky is amazing; all the stars... no city lights, just bears and wolves. Haven´t seen them. Probably they don´t like Mac Baren.

HCraven and Wicklow like this.
  12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm smoking French Quarter in my Stanwell billiard. It's got a good taste to it, but a little bite, and for such a coarse cut it burns pretty hot and fast. I hadn't smoked it in a while, though, so I thought I'd give it a try.

PG Tips on the side, with milk and honey

13. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

P&W High Hat, lattice billiard meer, Moose Drool Brown Ale

14. Beale

Beale Active Member

C&D Star of The East flake: MMCG

15. Spam

Spam Member

Had a bowl of University Flake in a Dr Plumb straight billiard. It didn't burn too well... Must have messed up the packing.

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Not sure what possessed me, but after a relatively mild aro this morning (St. George's), and a VaPer while doing yard work (went with PSLNF rather than GAF, BTW) for some reason I decided a third pipe was in order (very rare for me), and loaded up some Penzance in a Savinelli Linea '76 after reading the discussion of both Penzance and Krumble Kake on this thread and elsewhere. Enablers! You're just a bunch of enablers! :puffy:

Waino and ATXPipe like this.
  17. ATXPipe

ATXPipe Member

Middleton's Cherry in my Peterson. This is the first time I've smoked this pipe in a year, I think it may be time to pull the old gal out of retirement...it's a great pipe for this blend, as it turns out.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

University Flake in my Stanwell billiard. Folded and stuffed. I didn't like the stuff at first because it burned hot and tasted ashy. Then I started rubbing it out, and found I adore this blend. I tried just folding it again, and again I'm getting lousy results from this tobacco.

Never again am I going to skip rubbing it out. It rubs so perfectly, and it's such a great blend prepared that way. Oh well, might as well finish the bowl.

19. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

GLP Cumberland in a V&N Billiard.

20. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

It almost makes up for February, doesn't it! :)
    Just finished a bowl of University Flake. I'm still trying hard to like it. Without a great deal of success I'm afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.