1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

My thanks to you for the Briar Fox, BTW...it isn't a mellow sweet VA, but I can live with that! Tasty is all that matters.

2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Have to get some more EMP..... at the moment I'm having Timm's No Name Gold, a Flake, in a Dunhill Shell Briar, shape 251, a Billiard..... I'm really digging the No Name baccies! Great value for money!

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

MacB Navy Flake in my Dunhill Shell Briar, KBC Pumpkin Ale on the side, watching the Lions game in my lounge chair. Ahhhh...Sunday!

4. Waino

Waino Active Member

It was #1. Strong and tasty. We got an opened tin from an englishman who joined to our Pipe Guild.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Sounds good, Waino!

Finally got the guts to light up a pipe. Didn't want to make a big commitment to a long smoke though, so I filled a prince with some Peter Stokkebye Proper English. I can taste a little latakia again! It's a nice smoke for this autumn afternoon.

Once the smoke is over I may miss it. I chose the prince for the shallow bowl and PS Proper English because it's cut finely and burns a little quicker than some others. Still, I'm enjoying it.

6. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

McClelland (or it Ashton?) Old Dog in the Savinelli 904KS Punto Oro, acai/bluebery tea, outside throwing the ball with Sons #3 and #4.

Mington likes this.
  7. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Old Gowrie in a Nording bent bulldog, Yuengling Black & Tan on the side.

8. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

Carey's aromatic blend in my falcon earlier whilst polishing my parade shoes for tomorrow night.

9. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

SG is good stuff, and I enjoy scoring and smoking some when it's available (of course I always keep a supply of Squadron Leader on hand; I've even got a tin from about 3-4 years ago that's my "in case of emergency break glass" stash), but it's great to have something like GAF so readily available for day-to-day smoking that's sooo good.

10. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

GAF in my Dunhill Shell Briar. This pipe smokes Virginias, VaPers, and VaBurs best.

11. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Squadron Leader (Thanks to Jussto:)) in a Comoy's Oom Paul. -David

12. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Funny how different people taste tobacco..It was mellow easy smoking to me. I smoke alot of rope tobacco though. Could be the difference.

Just had a bowl of Luxury Bullseye in a cob...

13. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

A reunion with an old friend: Rattray's 3 Noggins in a Sav Linea '76. I was just filling some recently purchased jars with the contents of some recently opened tins, and I pulled a 10-year-old tin of 3 Nogs from the back of my cellar, having noticed it bulging. I was worried that, my luck, maybe it had molded somehow. I cracked the seal, which made a sound like a can of beer, and found that the bulging was caused by those wonderful Rattray Virginias having matured very nicely, as I was greeted by a nice sweet tangy aroma. Well, I proceeded to put it in a largish jar, but I had to sit down with a bowl.

Man, is this good. I haven't really been that excited about this incarnation (K&K) before, but given 10 years to mellow the Latakia and sharpen the Virginia, this is a really good smoke!

I only wish I had a tin of Hal O' The Wynd this old!

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Started the day off with some EMP in a
    CAO meer and Lapsang souchong on
    the side. Not a bad smoke to start off,
    but I like Durbar over the EMP, and
    RRR even more than that. We'll see
    what the day (night) brings.

15. furious

furious Junque collector

50-50 mixture of P&W Nut Brown Burley and Dunhill Flake for a "high class" VaBur in an old Barling's YOW blasted pot. This pipe is great for Sunday during football season cause it's so damn big that I can usually get at least to halftime on one bowl.

16. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Jack Knife Plug in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 6

17. Iain

Iain Active Member

OGS in a 'Mayfair' bent billiard

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Ennerdale Flake (bulk) using the "air pocket method" in my La Rocca. Next time I'll just use the "normal method" and just smoke my darn tobacco ;)

Decaf tea on the side, milk and honey.

I can taste it alright. It's a nice enough smoke tonight. Had a slightly eventful evening, it's good to be home.

19. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Just had some GAF in my MM Country Gentleman. I'm still a baby to this hobby (7 months now), but a finer smoke I have not had so far.

HCraven likes this.
  20. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Well Jeff, as a seasoned veteran of this hobby, I'd say your assessment is spot on. One of my favorite tobacco/pipe combinations right there.

Herb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.