1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Another first try for me, this time SG Bracken Flake from Mars in my Pete Killarney.

Uh oh....is this a Lakeland? (I need to do my homework better) ;)

2. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Penzance and Squadron Leader parfait in a Pete 302 system

3. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Anniversary Kake in my Squatch special.....yummmmy

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Uni Flake in my Luciano bent ball

5. Max Gunner

Max Gunner Member

Ten Russians in a Luna Gandalf churchwarden. Out on my deck. Still 70 degrees out.

6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Trying my first Gawith Hoggarth, a sample of Bob's Chocolate Flake from Kiowapipe. I've had lots of the SG Chocolate flake before, but it doesn't have the Lakeland Essence, certainly not like this, anyway. The taste is pretty good, but I'm withholding judgment on the Lakeland smell for now. It reminds me very much of the aroma I got from Hermit's Vintage Thumbs Up Blend, which I really couldn't stand. Trying to keep an open mind for now, though... :eek:

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Be patient, and if you don't like it jar it up and come back to it in a few months. Try it again and you might like it a little better....

My first experience with the "lakeland" thing was BB2, and it's one of my favorite blends now. Actually if I had to choose one blend to smoke the rest of my life it would likely be that or GH Dark Flake scented.

Or maybe you won't like it. Lots of folks don't. Fairly boggles the mind :)

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Well, I admit defeat for now. I'm not giving up, though, and I will come back to it again. I'm too committed a pipe smoker to totally wuss out when faced with a pipe full of flowers and soap.

But for now, I thought I'd go with a slightly friendlier (to me) chocolate thing, so I got out some of that yummy SWRA from the blind review and packed my Sav Dublin. Thanks again, Mrs. Ruff!

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Right now I'm having my final smoke of the night, some PA in a bent MM CG, drinking some sweet tea, and enjoying a marvelous thunder storm. Life is good, and I'm living the dream.

10. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

"Well, I admit defeat for now."
    Rub the heck out of it, and let it sit out for at least twenty minutes or so, longer if it's not already too dried from shipping in the baggie. That'll ease up a lot of the flowers. Then pick a pipe that'll give a nice long smoke and try to stick it out through the first third or so- most of the lakeland will have burned off by then and the VA will really start warming up. If you can make it to the bottom third the lakeland will be gone and you'll be in warm dark VA heaven. 'Course that's all easy for me to say because I don't mind the Lakeland.
    That'd be my advice, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.... :)

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I'll take another run at it, as you described. Moisture wasn't too low considering, but I'll throw a humidisk in there and put it in my sample jar, just to be sure it keeps till next time.

12. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I really didn't get it until I tried Condor. Then the heavens opened-up for me, and angels sang. Gideon then blew a trumpet and the Arc Angel Michael proclaimed that I should revisit Lakeland tobacco, beginning with St. Gawith. Or something... but damn, it's been good so far.

13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Apparently, I just had a bowl of Bill Bailey's
    Balkan somthin'erother in my Bjarne.
    Kiowa tricked me THIS time....:sh:

Mington likes this.
  14. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Ten Russians in a Squatch.

15. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

SG Brown Rope #4 in a Manxland Meer. A tankard of Barry's Irish Breakfast Tea on the side. Poor Scotland....left unrepresented.

16. Beale

Beale Active Member

McB Navy In my New Dublin! Beale.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Steamroller in my Missouri Pride :)

18. len smetona

len smetona Member

On a trip, sittin outside the hotel in Pasadena, had a bowl of Buffalo Soldier in my Azad apple/billiard. Quite nice.

19. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Balkan Sobranie in a Cavicchi rusticated bent Apple.

20. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I had a marathon of pipe smoking over the weekend while on a golf trip with the fellas. Anniversary Kake, Blue Mountain, Squadron Leader, and Frog Morton were all smoked.

HCraven and Mington like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.