1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Now Smoking

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by user0003, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Prince Albert in MM Country Gentleman straight....:puffy:

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Kendal Plug ( one of my regulars ) is unsliced Best Brown, no topping or flavour added. If someone is cutting the plug up - and selling it as 'Cut Plug' it will be the same as Best Brown flake......or be something else!.
    What is Semois like?.......like nothing else!, my variant is light brown ribbon cut, looks a bit like Burley, strong, and at the start has a cigar -like taste, gets sweeter as the bowl progresses, very different - but IMO a fine smoke!....and quite a substantial nicotine kick!
    OT

3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Puffing on some more of that custom blended vanilla I got from Riegel's last weekend. I think a week in the pouch has helped, and I've discovered that taking the tiniest sips (even smaller than usual for me) seems to be the way to keep it burning cool and yielding a good sweet flavor without souring. In my MM Washington.

4. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

LBF + cob

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I suspect what light flavoring I'm detecting is the result of the shops apparent neglect when it comes to washing jars before using them for a new blend. GH Kendal Dark should be unflavored, but when I bought it there it had a distinct flavor similar to Dark Flake Scented or Bosun Cut Plug or something. As for the cut of this tobacco in question, it is not a flake or broken flake...it's unlike anything I've seen before....broken plug? There are scraps in there, like a very wide ribbon cut, but the primary attraction is the large chunks....think short flakes, but about 3-6 times the thickness of most SG flakes. You still have to slice it up as if it were a plug, but it's all cut up :msty:

I suspect they're storing it in a jar that used to contain something like Grousemoor or Kendal Cream or something. The flavor isn't strong, but it's there.

Edit: Just fired up a bowl of 2010 Christmas Cheer in the Ben Wade billiard. It's been a good while since I've smoked just a plain, sweet VA

6. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

McClelland Anniversary in the Squatchinetti paneled billiard, lapsang souchong back.

7. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Huge bowl of FVF in a Savinelli Baronet Canadian

8. Iain

Iain Active Member

St Bruno in a cob after work, with an energy drink.

9. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Haddo's Delight in a bulldog

10. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Middleton's Cherry Blend in a MM Washington.

11. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Dark Flake in a Bari Horn.

12. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian in an SMS churchwarden meer. Tasty - smooth and smokey, with just a hint of what I can only describe as a peppery taste - not tongue bite though. My fault: a tiny gurgle (that the careful application of a pipe cleaner killed.) I was outside, but under my porch, and what sidestream I did get didn't smell bad. The girlfriend couldn't stand it, though.

13. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I'd like to see a picture of that sometime, Les. I think Baris are real sleepers of the pipe world.

Still debating what this evening's smoke should be. I guess I'd better go peruse the cellar...

14. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

A parfait of...........Stonehaven over 1792 in a little Big Ben 648.

:drly:

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Next up on the schedule is some Kendal Cream Flake in the GBD Prehistoric :th1:

16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

C & D Interlude in a Digby bulldog

Monkeyshine likes this.
  17. Morse

Morse Active Member

VF in a Boswell freehand - tried the cannonball method and had the best smoke yet!

Snake likes this.
  18. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

G&H Bob's Chocolate Flake in a Wiley rusticated tomato.

19. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Middleton's Cherry Blend in a POTY. -David

20. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

Merde de Cheval in the Sasquatello, lapsang souchong fortified with a stout shot of Oban...hey, it's chilly and damp out, need to stave off the pneumonia somehow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.