1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

NPD - Future Mario Grandi Owner

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by jmiket91, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

So I just won this auction. I'm pretty pumped because I hear a lot of great things about Mario Grandi. I can't wait to smoke them! I'll post some reviews when they come in.

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

I have a Mario Grandi, and I agree they are great smokers. Hope you enjoy them.

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Very nice, great looking pipes and 2 for that price wow damn good job. Enjoy them to the fullest!!!

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Nice pipes. Please keep us up to date on how they smoke. For the money I have been temped many times to hit the buy button. However I then think of the pipes I have that are just starting to get a cake.

5. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Mario Grandi definitely makes interesting pipes. The massive one I bought is a great smoker and perfect for extra-stressful days as I can fit about a pound of tobacco in it and still have room. Shipping was also fairly quick from Italy to Oklahoma so I was very impressed.

6. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Two of them for that price? What a score. Those are some stout looking boys there. :cheers:

7. pipemaker

pipemaker Member

I have issue with them calling them hand made.They are as production as it gets. That being said they make yhere margin on volume giving you the most for your money. They are very nice pipes. Bob Clark

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I like a pipe that will last a bit and knock someone out with as well . Manly pipes there ...Enjoy !

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

That's a good deal, plain and simple. My only issue with the cheaper MG's I bought was that the stem didn't feel very nice, just kind of plasticy, but they smoke great.

They are a sort of typical blend of hand and machine made, from the videos that they have on Youtube. I don't think you can order any particular catalog shape from for example.

10. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Funny enough, one of the reasons that I jumped on these particular pipes is because I really like the pipe you're smoking in your avatar, and I thought that this one looked similar.

And just out of curiosity, I've seen videos of Mario Grandi making pipes, and they make them on a lathe. Does this qualify as machine made? Not that I disapprove of machine made pipes.

11. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Ah, the one in my avatar is a Brebbia Ninja Sabbiata #301 author (the author shape is my favorite). Here's a better picture of it: http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/brebbia/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=66136 I think it came out a little too dark from my iPhone's camera.

I'd say no on that. It still requires human interaction on a lathe. When I think "factory made" pipes I'm thinking of long assembly lines of machines doing a bulk of the work to pump out a large quantity of pipes all to cookie-cutter specifications. You'll see a mix of both looking at futurepipes/futurepipes1 on ebay. Their mid-priced pipes are of pretty good quality. Sas isn't the first person I've seen complain about the stem quality from the low-end cheap pipes.

12. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Yeah, I figure that I can always toy with the stem to make it more comfortable, e.g. adding one of those soft bite things to it. If that doesn't work, I can probably order a new stem for it, and it that falls through, I can try my hand at making one. :dunno:

13. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

So I've finally had the chance to smoke both of them, and I am very pleased. I love the pipes. Mario Grandi will be getting more of my money in the future. Both of the pipes are very light, and the draw is perfect on both of them. They're drilled correctly, and the stems feel amazing. The only complaint I have is that it's hard to fit a pipe cleaner through the stem, but maybe it will get easier over time. I'm very pleased with my purchase

14. pottsy

pottsy Member

Good to hear you are enjoying them. I have one, like I mentioned before, and it is a great smoker as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.