1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Nutty Irishman

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I bought my November TAD order from 4noggins. The experience with them was great, from pricing, to service, to order accuracy to fast shipping. Some of the toby was just adding to stock but a couple were brand new to me blends.

One of the new blends was Nutty Irishman by C&D and sold in bulk. The description read: Imagine a bottle of Frangelico and a bottle of Irish Mist having a head on collision and you'll have an idea of the flavor and aroma of Nutty Irishman.

I love Frangelico in a brandy snifter. This stuff sounded wonderful. I got excited about the possibilities. My box came in; I chose Nutty Irishman for my first test. Upon opening the bag, the aroma was wonderful. It smelled like Frangelico and Bailey's Irish Creme mixed together. I got even more giddy with the thought of how good it would taste.

NOT! I packed my bowl, lit the top, gave her a gentle tamping... yuck. It tasted like chemicals and creme more than Bailey's or Frangelico. I smoked it to the bottom anyway, hoping it would get better. Towards the bottom it changed to ashes and creme. Double yuck.

I thought about my first experience with Dan's Sweet Vanilla Honedew. It was mediocre on the first bowl, good on the second bowl and wonderul on the third. Maybe it needed another try. I packed another bowl today after lunch. NOPE! Yuck, yuck and double yuck again. This stuff had such an artificial, chemical, funky taste, I refuse to go for a third. I'll be sending the remaining 1.7 oz to my F-I-L who will smoke any toby period.

I didn't see this stuff on tobaccoreviews.com so didn't put a review there, but if I were to give a 1-4 star rating it would be a 1/4 star. :thumbsd:

2. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

Actually there are reviews for Nutty Irishman on tobaccoreviews.com, go down to entry 58 under Cornell & Diehl and you'll find them (only 2 reviewers though). It sounded interesting to me but as one reviewer said "Has a nice sweet almond-like taste and aroma. If you've ever smelled almond scented lotion it is kind of like that." I was kind of turned off. I like eating almonds not smoking them honestly. With your review included I'm rather glad I passed this tobacco up. I love aro's but some come off as being too funky to be enjoyed (just my opinion) and Nutty Irishman would seem to qualify. Don't feel bad though, nothing ventured nothing gained.

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I found it and posted my review. :cool:

4. Amalgam

Amalgam Member

Actually that is one of my Favorite. I bought a 8-blend sample package andof of those is the Nutty Irishman. Well, after I smoked it for the first time I marked it A+. I guess like we say in Spanish "No author has dare to write about colors and personal tate" Believe me in Spanish that thing rhimes :roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.