Nutty recommendations

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Hi everyone,

I want my next order to be based on nuts. I already have sellected gh kendal flakes for its almonds and mcC's just plain nuts. Now i would like to find a hazelnut baccy and also a wallnut maybe a mix of maple wallnut.

What do you guys suggest?
    Im limited to smokingpipes or 4nog

Thanks

2. JBWright

JBWright Member

Just plain nuts is good stuff. I tend to get a good amount of hazelnut flavor from it.

If you are looking for a nutty/maple blend, try this out. I have had great smokes from a home brewed blend out of equal parts Just Plain Nut and C&D's Autumn Evening. Making me drool just thinking about it.

David Emond likes this.
  3. David Emond

wow i never thought of doing that. Ill have to get both. Thanks for the suggestion.

JBWright likes this.
  4. David Emond

well i just ordered
    2oz of just plain nuts
    2oz of autumn eve
    2oz of kendal flake

Didnt want to order too much since ive never had any but hopefully this will be good.

5. JBWright

JBWright Member

I think you will be going back for more after you try my concoction!

David Emond likes this.
  6. user3610

user3610 Member

Peterson's Nutty Cut is pretty good too.

7. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

The "nuttiest tast I have ever had is, 75% CH & 25% 5 Bros. I found it very good. Also, if available replace the 5 bros with Tambo.

8. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Peterson's Deluxe has a subtle flavor of honey & walnuts. It is one of my favorites. Peterson's Sunset Breeze has a not-so-subtle flavor of almonds (amaretto). It is my son's favorite. Peterson's Nutty Cut, IMO, simply tastes weird (no offense intendoed to those of you who like it.) Reiner's Copper Label has a good nut flavor but it does have a slight bite and it is a bit pricey. Reiner's Green Label has a walnut casing but, although I have tin of it, I haven't yet tried it. Barbary Coast has a walnut flavor when the tin is first opened but it is too moist to light until it has dried and then it has little flavor. Of the lot, I would recommend Pete's Deluxe if you want a delicately flavored nutty blend. Give us a report of your findings.

David Emond likes this.
  9. David Emond

Thank you Arkie, I did have a tin of nutty cut and i didnt detect any nuts if i recall only that it was the small brother of connoiseurs choice.
    I will have to try the deluxe. I will also give CH a try one of these days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.