Obscure OTC Aromatics

Discussion in 'OTC Over the counter tobacco' started by Ephraim, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Member

Picked up a pouch of Prince Albert Soft Vanilla at the smoke shop today. I'll write a more thorough review after a few more bowls, but so far I really like it.
    This particular pouch looked to have been sitting on the shelf for a while, but not quite dust covered :) But the tobacco itself was nice and dry.
    Reminds me a lot of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. Not in appearance (Soft Vanilla includes black Cavendish), but in flavor and aroma.
    I'd put them in the same class...with PA SV having an edge in aroma (which is saying a lot, given SWRA's ultra-pleasant note).
    Just starting a second cob of PA SV :snork:

2. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

I really like the Prince Albert Soft Vanilla. I'll have it every once in a while when I want to change up from CH.

Ephraim likes this.
  3. PopPopsPipe

PopPopsPipe Member

I j ate to say none of the Middleton blends are the same No more. Many are weakened down in taste and leaf quality. Cherry lengthen same cherry 20 years ago, walnut lost something, sugar bbl even changed. Then the got rid of the good blends like Saga, London Dock, Middletons No #5 and hickory ! After Middleton moved from King of Prussia, pa to Limerick it all went downhill !

ruffinogold likes this.
  4. tatsntash7

tatsntash7 Active Member

PA Soft vanilla is the nuts mate, I got some in a trade and its a real good vanilla blend.
    When a venture to the states for my adventures I will be smoking this, SWRA and CH.

Ephraim and Jacksarge like this.
  5. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Tobacco is also a natural thing, and is not always consistent. One of the hardest things for a blender to do is to try and keep a blend consistent...

6. CoreyR

CoreyR Active Member

Yeah but I have to agree, many of the OTCs have been dumbed down over the years. They taste nowhere near as good as they did 20+ years ago.

ruffinogold likes this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It could be we're 20 years closer to decay :xd: I wonder if it just isn't me getting older and things not as sharp as they used to be . SWR hasn't changed and MCB has changed maybe but I cant put my finger on the difference anymore . I'm eternally bummed that they discontinued London Dock ... it was spectacular and the greatest blend they have ever had , imo ! From my taste bud memory , I remember the flavors of the OTCs being more ..... hell , more complex and deeper but I don't know if it was my keen youthful tastebuds ... surely , the ole " buds " are jaded and a bit worn out by now .. but I really don't know

CoreyR likes this.
  8. CoreyR

CoreyR Active Member

Sooooo, perhaps.....WE are 20 years closer to decay??? :eek:
    I have said it before and I shall say it again, getting old blows big chunks!!! I have tried it, it is not for me thank you, I am ready to go back to being 25 now. :bangin:

ruffinogold likes this.
  9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Me too , brother ! Where the hell is my age reversing pill !?! And they say we're " living in the future " .... sheeeeet . You can keep the gadgets ... I want the youth pill . Getting old blows freakin chunks

Smoking Horst and CoreyR like this.
  10. CoreyR

CoreyR Active Member

Getting old is not for the young!
    I keep telling my daughter that. She keeps growing up anyway. She never listens to dad!

Smoking Horst likes this.
  11. EinarsPipes

EinarsPipes Member

PA soft vanilla is my current favorite aro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.