1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

October TAD & Olivewood Canisters

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I got my October TAD order in from Just for Him. 8 oz of Treebeard, 8 oz of Old Toby and 8 oz of Shortcut to Mushrooms. I didn't think these Middle Earth series tobies should be stuffed into some generic mason jar or plexi-canister, so I looked around on the internet.

I found Oliveart in the UK and sent them an email. Maria agreed to make me 3 canisters out of olivewood with custom dimensions of 5" tall with a 4" inside diameter. I got the canisters in and they are really nice, with a wonderful grain. I stuffed the ziplocked bags from JFH in each and they fit easily. Once I have my pipe-toby humidor completed, I'll dump the baccy directly into the canisters w/no baggie.

I'll try to get pictures up in the next couple of evenings.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Lookin' forward to it!

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Those sound like nice canisters. Can't
    wait to see them.

dp

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Ditto about the pix - am interested in this as you say they'll make custom sized containers and I have a rack I'd possibly be interested in having one made to fit,

Best meantime

Gerry

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

For you guys that wanted to see the olivewood canisters, here's the thread from the accessories board:

Olivewood Canisters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.