Odd pipe smoker sighting

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Trippwire, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trippwire

Trippwire Member

Picture this, I'm in a seedy mall 9pm Fri night waiting for a collegue, sitting near a police station for obvious reasons. Theres a cop standing sentry out the front and a young guy, early 20's walks up, stands about 2 meters away from him, pulls out a pipe and lights up. This guy is a bit of a hipster type, skinny jeans, thin little tie over a t-shirt, clean cut. I have only ever seen one person smoke a pipe in real life, so I'm paying attention.

He was smoking a bent billiard briar, but what got me was the way he smoked it. He would hold the flame in the chamber, draw heavily, hold in the smoke and exhale. he did this 3 more times, looking at the cop as if he was taunting him, or trying to get a reaction. He smoked it like he had something else in it, but the cop did not react, he gave him a gruff nod of recognition, that's it. He took 1 more lungfull, and walked away, tapping out the ash forcefully with his lighter as he walked.

I found this very strange and just thought I'd share it with you lot.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

yeah!.....dwaugh does get around a bit! :D

3. DocB

DocB Active Member

One of my younger (probably 25 or so) Soldiers used to smoke his pipe this way. His grandmother had given him one of his grandpa's pipes right before we deployed to Afghanistan in late 2010. He would sit with a pound of SP Cherry Cavendish and fire on that thing while taking long hard puffs, inhale and exhale huge plumes of smoke, and then forcefully tamp and start over. When I saw him I said "I'm not sure you are smoking that pipe correctly", his answer was "yeah, I would smoke it more, but it seems like it turns my tongue into raw meat!"

Basil Meadows likes this.
  4. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Being a moron doesn't excuse him for acting like a classless dick-head and a smart ass ( the worst of combinations). This kind of a guy gives the rest of us a bad name.

Ol Brokedik.

5. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

This is a case of a boy trying to take up a man's habit but hasn't had anyone to teach him manly things. I recently ran into something else that ran into the same category. Was talking with one of my friends (who is about a decade younger than me) about my shaving gear and he asked me how I learned to use it. "My dad taught me." He replied "My dad never took time to show me things like that." It is sad to me that the traditions of being a man aren't passed from generation to generation anymore.

6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

This is a case of a boy trying to take up a Gentleman's habit.

Trauma, Nate, OrganizdMadman and 3 others like this.
  7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I was going to say it was dwaugh until he said he was young and skinny. heh:drunk:

Basil Meadows, Trauma, dwaugh and 2 others like this.
  8. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Yes much better wording Sir. Thank you.

9. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

If I inhaled like that, I'd be hurling, big time.

jdto likes this.
  10. furious

furious Junque collector

Clearly a boy toying with a man's pastime. This too shall pass.

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  11. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I think it's perversely funny. Here is idiot boy (who apparently thinks that he is the center of the universe) trying to get a rise out of the police officer, but the officer obviously thinks he's an effin' idiot who isn't worth the breath required to say "Stop." I occasionally deal with young offenders who go out of their way to annoy community supervision officers, but they don't have the nards to commit any real crimes - they're just mouthy little fochers. I either don't acknowledge their mouthiness, or simply ask them if they think I really give a shat. (The old pull-down-my-lower-eye-lid=and=say "How many shades of give a [flip] do you see?" is a great way to reign-in these little jack waggons).

Nate, irish2fish, Mington and 2 others like this.
  12. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Are you trying to get a rise out me, agent Kujen?

[​IMG]

13. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

Kids like that are one of the reasons I stay away from town!

14. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina Member

What a painful way to smoke. Who knows the real reason behind it, but the end result was the same; him looking inexperienced.
    I'm extremely skeptical when I see younger people clumsily handling pipes like a fashion accessory. Even though I fall into the younger
    category, it still makes me shake my head. Oddly enough, the last time I passed an officer smoking my MM general packed sky high with
    some Skiff, he seemed friendly, and not suspicious at all.

15. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Well that method of pipe smoking will surely come back to kick him in the teeth/lungs/ass sooner than it will with the rest of us who smoke it properly. I'm probably considered a very young pipe smoker but even still I'm past the novelty stage and into the pure enjoyment and indulgence factor.

My peers often inquire about the possibility of smoking "something else" in the pipe. It's a proverbial/verbal F off in reply. It's a briar, not a bong, you bozo.

SmokeyJoe likes this.
  16. Brian

Brian Member

He could have possibly been smoking "spice" (or sometimes sold as potpourri). It isn't illegal. It's just stupid is all. It is an engineered, artificial canabanoid with effects similar to the wacky tobaccy. That sounds more like a "hipster" substance that would be smoked that way. I would think pipe tobacco or even roll-your-own would have made the kid choke a bit.

17. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

Ee Gods! Fella was begging for a Tasering IMO

18. Trauma

Trauma Active Member

[​IMG]

Hawkwood and Ol Brokedik like this.
  19. John Long

John Long Member

He's an undercover agent and was tipping off the cop with smoke signals.

20. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I believe some miscreants could use a good tasing to realign some of those neurons that got redirected to dumb-ass position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.