Oh my , a new cherry blend !!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I bet this thread gets 3 views .. lol .. Anyway , the MB Seven Seas line has a cherry ! I didnt see it till today .... http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mac-baren/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=90238

Morse and Calvinandpipe like this.
  2. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Interesting. The other 7 Seas blends I've tried so far are very good. I'm not hugely keen on cherry mixtures aside from Bear Blend, but I would happily sample this.

ruffinogold likes this.
  3. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

This is also in bulk i have looked at it just not a cherry guy but i smoke all the other ones in the line may just give this a try

ruffinogold likes this.
  4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've not had much luck with cherry blends. I'd like to find a good one, but I've developed a bit of mistrust for them.

ruffinogold likes this.
  5. ruffinogold

I'm w/ you , Brad ! Most are pretty lame . The G&H Top Black Cherry I just tried was freakin excellent ! The balance between their black cherry flavor and tobacco flavor is masterful ! It has a tin aroma kinda like Paladin , which scared the crap outta me , but was nothing like it once you start smoking it . I had gotten over being sick and was able to try it .. then got sick a day later and havent smoked any since ... It's driving me nuts . IRC Chery Cordial is also very good . The flavor is that of a fresh picked cherry that you dropped in the pipe and smoked ... it's an awesome flavor though it's pretty wet at the pouch opening . It needs dry time , which I hate , but it's worth it when it's ready to go . Middletons Cherry Blend smokes perfect for me right out of the tub/pouch ... everything about the way it smokes is a breeze .... it has hardly any cherry flavor though . I love it as a non cherry blend :)CAO cherry Bomb is good in the " Fake " cherry flavor genre . I like to blend with it . I made a "blend" a couple years ago that I called Red Headed Bombshell . It was IRC Buttered Rum , SWR and CAO Cherry Blend [ in that order] . It turned out to be a really good aro . If I had my shop still , I'd have sold it and it would have sold well . I dont make it any more cause it's expensive to buy IRC stuff at retail . The CAO Cherry Bomb was used in a small amounts so one tin went a long way . SWR is cheap and was second in amount used in that blend . It smoked cold and well , the cherry came through just enough . It was an enjoyable smoke ... just to damn pricey for me . I could make it again using Altadis B20 , which is a mild flavored Black Cavendish , but the Buttered Rum w/ the cherry is what did the trick . CAO Cherry Bomb is ok by itself if you like a fake cherry flavor . Then theres the candy / medicine type cherry flavor .... those are few and far between that are enjoyable . Lane , PS and others have these blends in bulk and they are very sweet and over cherried , many of them . I have yet to try MB Cherry .. can you believe that !?

6. ruffinogold

Me too :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.