1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh my , a new cherry blend !!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I bet this thread gets 3 views .. lol .. Anyway , the MB Seven Seas line has a cherry ! I didnt see it till today .... http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/mac-baren/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=90238

Morse and Calvinandpipe like this.
  2. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Interesting. The other 7 Seas blends I've tried so far are very good. I'm not hugely keen on cherry mixtures aside from Bear Blend, but I would happily sample this.

ruffinogold likes this.
  3. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

This is also in bulk i have looked at it just not a cherry guy but i smoke all the other ones in the line may just give this a try

ruffinogold likes this.
  4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I've not had much luck with cherry blends. I'd like to find a good one, but I've developed a bit of mistrust for them.

ruffinogold likes this.
  5. ruffinogold

I'm w/ you , Brad ! Most are pretty lame . The G&H Top Black Cherry I just tried was freakin excellent ! The balance between their black cherry flavor and tobacco flavor is masterful ! It has a tin aroma kinda like Paladin , which scared the crap outta me , but was nothing like it once you start smoking it . I had gotten over being sick and was able to try it .. then got sick a day later and havent smoked any since ... It's driving me nuts . IRC Chery Cordial is also very good . The flavor is that of a fresh picked cherry that you dropped in the pipe and smoked ... it's an awesome flavor though it's pretty wet at the pouch opening . It needs dry time , which I hate , but it's worth it when it's ready to go . Middletons Cherry Blend smokes perfect for me right out of the tub/pouch ... everything about the way it smokes is a breeze .... it has hardly any cherry flavor though . I love it as a non cherry blend :)CAO cherry Bomb is good in the " Fake " cherry flavor genre . I like to blend with it . I made a "blend" a couple years ago that I called Red Headed Bombshell . It was IRC Buttered Rum , SWR and CAO Cherry Blend [ in that order] . It turned out to be a really good aro . If I had my shop still , I'd have sold it and it would have sold well . I dont make it any more cause it's expensive to buy IRC stuff at retail . The CAO Cherry Bomb was used in a small amounts so one tin went a long way . SWR is cheap and was second in amount used in that blend . It smoked cold and well , the cherry came through just enough . It was an enjoyable smoke ... just to damn pricey for me . I could make it again using Altadis B20 , which is a mild flavored Black Cavendish , but the Buttered Rum w/ the cherry is what did the trick . CAO Cherry Bomb is ok by itself if you like a fake cherry flavor . Then theres the candy / medicine type cherry flavor .... those are few and far between that are enjoyable . Lane , PS and others have these blends in bulk and they are very sweet and over cherried , many of them . I have yet to try MB Cherry .. can you believe that !?

6. ruffinogold

Me too :toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.