1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, I Get It...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bear84, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Finally picked up a pouch of Carter Hall the other day at the grocery store. Good price so I figured if it was a nightmare I wasn't out much. Loaded a bowl in the cob and yeah,ok, I get it. It is just a good sturdy smoke. Every time I open a new tobacco I always smell it. I picked up primarily a dark chocolate smell from this with a hint of anise in the back.

I may have just found my everyday smoke, it's got a good depth of flavor and doesn't bite.

2. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I couldn't smoke it everyday, but this and granger and middleton's cherry are my OTC's of choice when I feel the want for one.

3. afiaowo

afiaowo Member

Based on another post I started looking around for this locally. I can't find it! This only makes my desire to try it increase. I'm glad you enjoy it.

Happy smoking! :bing:

4. gahdzila

gahdzila Member

Seems to be lots of love for CH around here! I'm a PA man myself. I remember trying CH a while back, and I seem to remember thinking that it tasted like PA with too much top flavor...but you guys have got me curious and I might have to revisit it.

5. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I definitely enjoyed the pouch of Carter Hall I got for camping, but honestly I've preferred the other burleys I've been trying recently. Boswell's Premium Burley is a nice step up for only slightly more and Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley another step beyond that.

6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I started with a Cob and PA almost 15 years ago and smoked PA exclusively for almost a decade, then I discovered CH and haven't looked back, yeah I still enjoy a pouch of PA on occasion but it's hard to beat CH in a Cob!

Artistik likes this.
  7. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Preach it brother! CH is decent and I certainly won't bag on it, but I agree about both Boswell's and Uhle's!

OldSouled65 likes this.
  8. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I personally like McB London Burley a decent amount more than CH, but CH will always be in my cellar for when I want it.

Ted Vig likes this.
  9. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I like PA ok, but it was lacking the depth of flavor that I was after and CH seems to have that without being goopy or biting. Also it's available at the local grocery store so I can get it at any time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.