1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

OK ... where the hell have I been

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think the only John Middleton otc blend I cant smoke is apple . I was in a shop today in Dalton Ga where I get my sail green once a month [ take wife to doc there ... 1.5 hrs out of the mountains ]and they were out . Bummer . So I see there's a PA soft vanilla . I'm an SWR guy but honestly PA is about the same . So I figue I'd try it for 3 bucks ya know . I like it ! It lites well , burns well ,burns cool , dosent bite and the vanilla is there a little more at first and a little less toward the end and turns to burley at the end .PA soft vanilla will work fine it seems . I like otc at work cause when I bump into someone that likes the smell or likes a pipe I can tell them it's something you get at the food store . Thats cool .Though I could smoke M.B. G.E. all day , nobody round here could get it locally

2. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

Well it sounds good. I've never seen it locally but will try some if I run across it somewhere.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Hey Ruff-

Off topic, but where in Dalton? I just moved from there two years ago. Didn't smoke a pipe then, but my wife has family there...a heads up on a locale I'll probably visit soon enough anyways is appreciated.

-Kyle

4. ruffinogold

This place is on maddox[spelling?] between Chatsworth and Dalton .A little closer to Chattsworth .Dalton has a bunch of what they call tobacco stores .mostly cigarette , chew and ryo but they all have a few pipe products .Theres got to be at least 20 of them . Nothing special mind you . I hate the place cause its an hour and a half away and there'e traffic a bit but thats the nearest neurologist on our insurance.

5. morleysson

morleysson Member

The PA Soft vanilla isn't bad; it's not high art, but it is smokable. The PA cherry vanilla is a bit over-the-top, and can smell like burning candy, but, again, not bad. Almost all of Middleton products can be smoked w/o too much complaint, but I tend to stay w/ the PA/KyClub blue/Walnut, rather than delve too much into the semi-aromatics.

6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

I wish I pined for $1.50/ounce aromatic tobacco. I smoke Carter Hall on and off and TRY to love it but I'm just making smoke until the next tin sucks air. Darn it.

I haven't seen PA Soft Vanilla but will definitely buy a pouch when it pops up.

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Thanks, Ruff...seems the ryo joints are everywhere, huh? I have to travel 40+ miles to get to a good B&M up here in Penna. As a further aside, I hope the neurologist y'all are seeing isn't one of the two I saw in Dalton...both had the bedside manner of Caligula...and the education to boot.

Back on topic(for once)-I'll keep an eye out for Soft Vanilla...since the few 'hard vanilla' cased blends I tried so far were too over the top.

8. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

"I like otc at work cause when I bump into someone that likes the smell or likes a pipe I can tell them it's something you get at the food store . Thats cool ."

It is cool. We need to be smoking in public and not being esoteric about it. Nice job and nice example, Ruffino.

No layman cares about collector pipes or ancient blends or top notes. They need to know that pipe smoking is satisfying and affordable and available at their corner grocer. Catch their nose and they will follow their wallet to the closets B&M. We should charge a commission.

9. Jonny

Jonny Member

You smoke Sailor Green? I've been tempted to try it but havent yet because the shopkeeper has no input on how it smokes! What can you tell me about it?

10. ruffinogold

The sail green is pretty neat . It's very much rubbed out and lites and burns easy . It kinda smells like tea in the pouch . It's alittle warm at first and settles down . It tastes like theres a little of everything in it [ which is very cool ]. As far as the latakia , it's just a touch and honestly it only seems to come for a moment here and there.The aromatic flavor is real mild so dont expect a ' real ' aromatic . It has enough nicotine for me and is a nice warm weather blend . I'd like to discribe the flavor more but its kinda hard . It's complex for an otc .I just like it

11. Jonny

Jonny Member

Well I have a pretty solid idea now. I feel like everyone has trouble describing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.