1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Old and New Escudo?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Prof, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prof

Prof Member

Ya'll,,
    I picked up a couple of well sealed tins of Escudo today that are "at least 6 years old" I was told - they are at least old enough to be tinned by the older manufacturer which I think is "Petersen", and the current manufacturer is "Skandinavik" or something like that - does anyone know the story? The tins are certainly different that the newer stuff I have (smaller), and I am excited to hear what age might do for Escudo?

Thanks!

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Copes made the old stuff. I thought A&C Peterson still made the current rendition.

3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Cope's made the old stuff, as jpberg said, but production moved to Alfred & Christian Peterson in the 1980's (I think - at any rate, it was the early 1990's that I last saw a tin of actual Cope's). A&CP was snapped up by Peter Stokkebye and the blend is under their auspices.

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Correction: the early 1990's is the last time I BOUGHT a tin of Cope's. I last saw one the last time I smoked one, which was two years ago. Much better than the current production, which is no slouch, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.