1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Timey Blends

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Anyone here remember any of these ? O.k. Walnut is still around but the other ones ... http://pipepages.com/jmiddleton7 ...........before my time but sound nice

2. woodbutcher

woodbutcher Member

Wow. I thought I had tried all of Middleton's blends. Except for Walnut (that I still get on a regular basis), I've never even heard of the others.
    I wonder when (and why) they dropped those others. Some of them do sound good (especially the one with the Syrian Latakia).
    Dan

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

As they're U.S. tobaccos I don't know them, but the descriptions sound good and boy do I wish I had a time machine to go back and stock up with them at those prices, with the money I have today,

Thanks for sharing, any tobaco history is always fascinating

Gerry

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

According to the Inflation Calculator, $3 (cost of the priciest blend, "Regimental") in 1947 is worth $29.28 today, so it seems Middleton's prices have kept even with inflation over time. Granted, you can't get the airtight "Humi-glass" jar anymore, but still not bad over a span of 63 years.

Thanks for posting that, Ruffinogold. I enjoyed it immensely.

Bri2k

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

6. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I missed the price list, but this gent certainly looks like a trustworthy merchant:

[​IMG]

Thanks again, Ruffinogold!

Bri2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.