OMG OMG OMG!!!1!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by AndyLowry, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

After a mention of Pipesandcigars' "Revelation" match was made in one of these here threads, I got some and thought it maybe had some interesting ideas that it didn't quite follow through on. It's a bit too wimpy and muddled to be a frequent smoke for me. Not bad, just not anything special.

Reading through some tobacco reviews, I saw that C&D's "Epiphany" is meant to be a simulacrum of the pre-Windsor, Philip Morris version of the old-school Revelation. So, what the hey, I bought a pound.

OMG! I usually can't smoke Burley in any quantity (bites my tongue really hard), and Perique fries my nose and makes my eyes water, but this tobacco has both in such perfectly apportioned amounts that it all works together painlessly. The Burley gives a nutty sweetness, the Perique a faint fruitiness, and the Virginias and Latakias come up from underneath to support everything that's going on. It's rich, multilayered, and satisfying. Lights easily and burns without a lot of tamper-fiddling. You don't have to be careful about how it's packed, just jam it in there and introduce it to some fire. This one would be at home in any situation-- contemplation, studying difficult subjects, walking the dog, selecting your next victim (yeah, that one's not for everybody). Beautiful! Hats off! Thumbs up! Huzzah!

I like it.

Salcheech, James Harr, mtsgsd and 2 others like this.
  2. user2428

user2428 Active Member

Gonna have to try some!

Mark w4mms and IrishRover like this.
  3. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Right, it's on the list. Cheers for the heads up.

4. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

My TAD list is getting way to long... Sounds good Andy!

Mington likes this.
  5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Cool, I'm gonna have to get some. I liked HOW's Revelation pretty well, but C&D's burley impresses me more, so this sounds like a perfect blend. Thanks for the heads up, Andy!

6. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sounds good.

7. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

OMG! OMG! OMG!

All that and you just "like it"?:rolleyes:

8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Superlatives just ain't what they used to be.

9. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

:haha:

10. Jive Dadson

Jive Dadson Member

Ted Vig, Smoking Gun, MacNutz and 2 others like this.
  11. James Harr

James Harr Member

Smoke it if ya got it... Well, what do ya know? I have some Epiphany right here! <puff-puff> :)

12. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

I read all of that in a higher pitch excited voice and a bit faster than usual. So when you want to try something you buy a pound of it?

Glad you like it Andy. You just can't steer away from the latakia though.

I value your opinion. You have turned me onto Latakias. The smokey ghost in the Stanwell and some PMP is great!

13. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

So, you didn't know if you'd like it, so you bought a pound of it?!?:ohyh:

Lestrade likes this.
  14. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Epiphany is one of those genius blends, all too rare in the world of pipe tobacco. I did the same as you... smoked a bowl and bought a pound. Excellent stuff.

15. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Just added to the never ending TAD list! My list keeps growing but the cellar hasn't :(

Mington likes this.
  16. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

ruffinogold likes this.
  17. smokehouse

smokehouse Member

Ugh...I gotta put this on the TAD list now.

Mington likes this.
  18. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

What, you don't? What if I like it, and I only got a couple of ounces, and then I have to wait a week for the mail to bring more? That would be bad.

Besides, it was only $35. That's one of the awesomely awesome things about this tobacco.

NoRm and ol gto like this.
  19. Captain Eight

Captain Eight Member

I'm pretty sure this won't be news to the pipe-veterens here, but nobody has mentioned it yet: "Revelation" was Albert Einstein's pipe tobacco of choice (later taken over by House of Windsor, assumedly the same recipe).

"I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs." - Albert Einstein

I actually found a quote once, allegedly from Einstein where he actually describes Revelation pipe tobacco: a tobacco review from Einstein! (assuming the quote was genuine). Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore (after 10 minutes on Google).

SouthBound and NoRm like this.
  20. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

here's what I found using Bing: Dr.Einstein said that Revelation pipe tobacco had many different flavors going on all at the same time, like listening to a splendid orchestra.

SouthBound and NoRm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.