1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

on the search...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Kyle Black, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

For a new bulldog. I have a squatch in works as we speak. A nice poker that will be shown when it arrives.

I really want a nice high quality bulldog now.

Any recommendations here? Looking at around 200 give or take a few pennies.

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Tinsky! "Shape #13"...................you aren't affraid of the #13 are ya???

:)

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

+1 I love mine.

4. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

I am also looking for a high quality Bulldog in the $200 give or take range. Im graduating college in 8 weeks and my mascot is the "Bulldogs" so I would like to get a new 2011 high quality bulldog. Any suggestions besides the Tinsky?

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Well then.......We have several very talented pipe makers members. Look over the Pipes for Sale section, choose the one you like and order one. All these guys are very very good.

6. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

I happen to love a bulldog and I have a modest Pete (Kilarney), a 50-year old Brakner and three Sasienis of similar vintage (all under $100 used - one from ebay and two from my father-in-law, all in nasty shape when they arrived). I also had an old Amphora I copped on ebay for $3.00 which cleaned up well and was given away after years of enjoyment. Funny thing is, they are/were all excellent smoking pipes. 200 clams should get you the cat-daddy of bulldogs. This search string on ebay/tobacciana/pipe: pipe -hookah, -novelty, -chinese, -glass, -chips, -clay, -cigarette, bulldog shows 120 listings tonight. Plenty of ideas there.

Seek and enjoy!

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I tried your search thread, but 'chinese hookah' had unintended results...

I'm with Jesla...support a forum carver.

Now, with greed in mind, scour the 'bay. If one excellent burner is good, maybe five good burners is excellent. Good luck, fellas, on whatever your decision!

8. Mister Moo

D'uh? :dunno:

Using a minus sign ("-chinese, -hookah") should remove all instances of pipes including these descriptors.

9. yinyang

This explains much, Moo....not so much to my wife, though.

Think I best stay here, or on the 'bay....I'm apparently a neophyte no matter where I go...

10. Mister Moo

Ah... better to limit search strings to "bulldog" then. :roflmao:

11. yinyang

No doubt! When I added 'bulldog' to my 'chinese hookah' search...well, yeah.....I won't be doing that again! So much for dinner...

Back on point, I still think the wood turners here can(highly) exceed expectations for the dollars mentioned. Definitely an idea worth exploring.

12. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

If you want a new pipe, you'll get my standard answer - Bannard or Tinsky, or maybe an Ashton. If you want to take the time to find a mid 50s - early 60s Dunhill, you'll be happy as well.

13. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

The best bulldogs I own are a Castillo and a Jan P and Son. But many good artisans can make a bulldog. You might ask SAS if he can make one for you.

14. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.