One bowl into Orlik Dark Kentucky

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Dark Kentucky and Virginia flaked together ... This is so unreal .. I'm one bowl in and I'm thinking this is as good as it ever gets . I'm gonna write a review on this after I'm more bowls in and my mind get's outta its' euphoric state . I've lucked out lately w/ Firedance [ awesome aro ] and now this [ Burley/vir flake ]... wow ! Just thought I'd share my new find ! Thanks carl :byg:

Rewster66 and CarlBC like this.
  2. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Anticipating the review because I have beend wanting to give it a go. Does it seem like to you that the Kentucky really enhances everything it comes in contact with?
    God Bless!!! Ray

3. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Nice to here, Carl. Good for you.

Orlik's Dark Kentucky does have virginia in it, right?:cfsd:

Then you add which Va Flaked?

I'm not totally in the know, about all the baccy's yet!

4. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

Not to hijack...but do any of you fans of this stuff know the honest truth about the relationship between Orlik's DSK and Peter Heinrichs' Strong Flake? DSK is no longer available in the US, while SF is. Some suggest that they are identical products under different banners. I'm just wondering because I've never tried the Orlik, but have plenty of fun smoking the Heinrich. I don't want to begin an unwitting chase for my own tail if it can be avoided.

5. ruffinogold

Yes ! God made Burley first:) I guess he started in kentucky . I cant discount the matured Va in this blend . It's perfect . I wish I could send everyone a sample . I'm in shock

6. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

I've not tried Heinrich's Strong Flake, so I can't lend a comparison. But now that I know there is something comparable in the U.S., I'm going to hunt it down! Thanks for the tip!!

:toast:
    -- Carl

7. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Available OTC here - and I tried a couple of tins, I like most Orlik blends, and this one is good but I tired of the molasses/liquorice flavour after a while.
    Cheers, OT

8. ruffinogold

OK. .. I'm only a bowl in but I swear I didnt taste liquorice . I can see molasses cause of the dark Burley and a ' bright' tang of virginia .I'll give another bowl a go after the kids are asleep . I hope the Heinrichs is the same or damn close . Interestingly enough , Heinrichs curly is much like Three Nuns [ My favorite blend of all time ] both of which today are made by orlik . I wouldnt doubt if Heinrichs is Orlik repackaged . It's pricey stuff but worth it if we can get both blends here .. right!?

9. ruffinogold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.