1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

One Pipe All Day

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by User3940, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Oh my Lord, am I starting a revolution?

Jwb and blueeyedogre like this.
  2. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre Member

Viva la Revolution!!!!
    [​IMG]

3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I am smoking one pipe all day right now. I only brought two briars with me to Santo Domingo, so one gets a day of rest while the other is being smoked. I brought Annie Kake, Academy and VooDoo Queen with me. I may rotate the tobaccos during the day, but not the pipes. It has been 9 days now with no ill effects, but I am only smoking a couple of bowls a day.

User3940 likes this.
  4. waxman65

waxman65 Member

I was afraid of smoke my pipes more than 2 bowls in a roll per day and since i travel a lot (15 days a month)it was a night mare to carrie with me more than 3 pipes and always afraid to loose them some where so i start traveling with only 2 pipes and smoke one pipe per day (up to 5 bowls per day) and put it to rest next day and so far have no problem at all and i do this with all my pipes from the most simple one up to my high grade ones.
    Also i taught why i can't smoke my pipes all day long and some of them i was afraid to smoke it at all it was like dating and supporting Alexandra Ambrosio and not touch her so know i smoke every single one all day long and loving it with out the hassle of traveling with a bunch of pipes and worry if they would be damage. Now i smoke one per day and she can rest for almost a month until i smoke her again :).

User3940 likes this.
  5. Gothicmace

Gothicmace Member

Really great read from everybody. My own workhorse is my M&M cob.. Country Gentleman. I love that pipe and have smoked it all day long 4 to 6 full bowls a day .. for a week straight... and as stated earlier.. a good scrub with some 100 proof and bam.. good as new.

UncleVint, Jwb and User3940 like this.
  6. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

Most working class men of my fathers generation grew up in the Great Depression and only had one or two pipes, as thats all they could afford. And they were frugal all their lives. They would smoke one pipe, clean it and smoke the other the next day. They had no other choice. Take care of one or two briar pipes and they'll probably outlive you. Smoke 'em, thats what they're made for.

TedVig, Jwb, Old Codger and 1 other person like this.
  7. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Easy, get up earlier and hit the sack later. That's only a bowl an hour, or less.
    I have a couple of pipes that I can smoke all day, the BST Nasty Little Brute, IMP meerschaum, and some Peterson 80s. As long as a pipe is properly engineered and the tobacco isn't too moist, it just takes a reasonably well done cleaning at the end of the day.

User3940, dwaugh and Jwb like this.
  8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I usually get stuck on a certain pipe for a while. Like a good pair of boots. I have several, but sometimes one gets more attention than others. I rarely smoke more than two bowls a day. Three is a true rarity. And I don't think I'd change that. The pipe to me is an indulgence. Like a scotch, or a big meal at the end of a day. Or tea time as I've picked up here. Kind of a special thing. I like to keep it that way or it becomes something, routine; or commonplace. So having one, or a few pipes is not unreasonable to me.

9. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I've been smoking the same Kaywoodie Relief Grain all day to no ill effect. I think your on to something here Coastie...

User3940 likes this.
  10. Bobby Stubbs

Bobby Stubbs Member

Dropping down from 3 packs a day..chain smoker
    12 to 15 easily as I also chain smoke the pipe like a train..
    80 plus pipes and I really smoke about 6 of them

TedVig and User3940 like this.
  11. rsuninv

rsuninv Member

I've done this several times with some Savinelli's I own.......glad I did. It allows me to travel more and carry less without worry.

12. wildcrow

wildcrow Member

I thought more people were just like me. I own about 20 pipes. Half of which are cobs. Son are unsolved ao I can gift myself later or have a readily available give away to a new pipe smoker in need of a pipe. I started to smoke cobs exclusively. 2 of them are myhouse pipes. After some grade school math and serious consideration that leaves my with 4 pipes that I take to work or in the woods. I smoke 5 bowls a day through one cob and have never had a bad experience yet. I never bought into the whole only one bowl a day out of your pipe business. I do tend to rest my pipes because I start to think they have feelings and miss me. I have to work them in so I dont have any of them hating me. Same with my blends. CCan't have a hateful pipe

13. Kevin Keith

Kevin Keith Well-Known Member

Dr. JimInks to surgery, Dr. JimInks To surgery!

14. Bobby Stubbs

Bobby Stubbs Member

I want a cigarette !
    Went from 3 to one pack and 4 days ago ..none
    Added some snuff to my pipe tobacco and that seems to help with the cravings..soon I will cut back on the pipes too
    Then may be I can taste the tobacco better

Eric Pierson and dwaugh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.