OneRazor?

Discussion in 'Shaving' started by MakDragon, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MakDragon

MakDragon Lord Help me through the changes in my life!

A couple of months ago I ordered one of these things that the guy from that Pawn Shop show was pushing. Did it online. Never got anything. Then I got a call from my credit card company saying they were suspecting credit card fraud and asked to close my account and open another for me. They did.
    Then lo and behold, I get an email from OneRazor telling me that my order has been cancelled because my CC was declined and to call them with the new number. Then, yesterday, I got a letter in the mail stating the same thing.
    Hmmmmmm....

Not casting any aspersions but what a cooincident!
  2. Pariah

Pariah Member

Credit card companies have huge teams of people that look for fraud, but they dont just randomly accuse merchants of it unless they have a good reason. You aren't liable if the merchant commits fraud (in the US anyway), but its still probably worth it to try to get it from somewhere else just to be safe.
    MakDragon likes this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold " It takes a Pro to smoke an Aro " [ RG] Mayor

Buy stuff somewhere else :th1:
    MakDragon likes this.
  4. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo With one and a half pair of pants, you ain't cool.

What kind of razor was it?
  5. Coda

Coda Active Member

MicroTouch One Razor. To me, it looks like a slightly remodeled Weishi razor. The OP would be better off picking up an old Super Speed, or something like that...much cheaper.
  6. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo With one and a half pair of pants, you ain't cool.

I actually did a bit of cursory research on this razor. Hmmm.

Mak, if you're looking for a good, inexpensive razor and don't want to be bothered hunting down a vintage piece, you could do a lot worse than the RazoRock razors available at http://www.italianbarber.com/safety-razors?page=7 . I have my eye on a couple of them. Everything I've heard about them is very favorable and the price can't be beat. I'm actually thinking of getting a few of them after the holidays are over.

Of course, vintage razors are excellent. I'm going to be putting up a few for trade in the Trading Post soon in exchange for tins of tobacco or cigars. I just have to clean them up and photograph them. Probably gonna do that this weekend, seeing as how I can't drink or smoke a pipe due some recent dental surgery. Stay tuned.
    MakDragon likes this.
  7. MakDragon

MakDragon Lord Help me through the changes in my life!

That site looks great! Thanks for the heads up!