1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Online recommendations for quality meerschaum?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TTUSmoker, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTUSmoker

TTUSmoker Member

I Have no meers in my collection of pipes and I've been looking at adding one (I figured this was a very timely topic for meerschaum March)Pretty much all the B&M shops near me have very limited and almost identical inventory. Anyone have recommendations for quality online retailers?

2. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Smokingpipes has IMP meers, CupOJoes has Peterson meers and maybe some some others. Baki, Altinok, IMP have websites which you can order from. IMP sells on ebay, as well. AND meerschaum can be bought from their website for a nice price; I am planning on getting one of these soon as my first meer.

3. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

GlassEye pegged it.

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

The best quality with the lowest price I've found is IMP. www.smokingpipes.com sells a medium sized pipe with no silver trim for less than $100. Prices go up from there based on size and if they have silver bands.

You can find cheaper IMP's from Ebay. There is a seller that sells nothing but IMP's and he accepts offers. If you buy from him, make sure you get the optional insurance, as the pipes have to come all the way from Turkey and Kenan will not reimburse you for loss or damage without the insurance. The best way to make up this extra expense is to make him an offer for less than his stated price. He lists most of his pipes with a "buy it now" price but also allows "or best offer". Knock $10-15 off his buy it now price and you'll probably get a good deal.

The benefit to smokingpipes.com is that you don't need to buy insurance and you'll get your pipe from North Carolina a lot faster than from Turkey. Either way is good, depending on your priorities.

Edit: My apologies for any confusion. Kenan is the name of the seller but he goes by his Ebay name online, which I can't recall. If you search "IMP meerschaum" on Ebay, you'll find him right away.

6. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I just received my first meer the other day and it is an IMP from Ebay.
    It was from Turkey and took like a month to get.
    I looked at his other feedback and most purchase dates and feedback dates were about a month apart. All the feedback was good. I would buy again. I hated the wait though.

(I want a naked lady meer next time. I know...go figure!) :groucho:

7. dmkerr

I'm not posting a link in case it offends anyone, but go to www.meerschaumstore.com and look up product # SX021. There's your nude, bro. :thumbsu:

Hey, I just found out there were 8,622 hits on this pipe over the last 18 seconds. :roflmao:

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

SWEET! But being a buttman, I would go for (and will one day soon) SX022.
    Thanks! I will be ready for MMM2012!

9. dmkerr

I'm assuming by "Buttman" you don't mean a superhero with a big Red "B" on your posterior and the ability to leap 2 ax-handle wide booties in a single bound, so check out http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/meerschaummastercarvers.html
    and scroll down to Baysal's "Derriere" pipe.

And it's already pre-colored!!!!! You win!!! :D

10. Jay

Jay Active Member

Oh that will get the neighbors talking!

11. dmkerr

True, but they'll say different things. The ladies will gasp and the guys will all want to borrow it. :eek:hyeah:

12. t-bear

t-bear Active Member

As an avid smoker/collector of the White Goddess, I would highly recommend either Sinan Altinok from Altinok Meerschaums or Deniz Ural from Best Meerschaums...he carries Baki meers. Both are totally reliable, carry top quality products...and are just great guys.

Wish I had known Ming...I just sold my nudie at the show last month!

13. dmkerr

I still have one but it's all frontal - no butts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.