1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Oom Paul Briar

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by NoelVance, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

I believe this is an Oom Paul Briar. My grandfather had 2 pipes for me to choose and this being one of them. I have never seen one like this and after some research I was able to find some info on it.
    It says Israel on it and there is a white X on the stem. I don't know if this is any special sort of manufacturer. It works good, but I am a novice and I picked crappy tobacco, cherrybomb, for my first kind. If anyone knows anything about this pipe that would be awesome.

Photo

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The only pipe manufacturer I know of in Israel is Alpha, and that is certainly similar to Alpha full bents I have seen. Any chance the "x" is a crossed "A"?

3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

What ever it is, it's a nice pipe. You're lucky to have one from your grandfather. Many of us had to build our own collection, as there were no elderly pipers in our family tree. Give a kind thought for the man as you smoke his pipe. You're blessed.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

4. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

No I don't believe so. It looks to be an X.

5. NoelVance

NoelVance Member

Ha thank you very much. The funny thing is, is that he is not a smoker, nor has he ever touched anything of the kind. He collects weird old stuff and when I had an interest in starting he was the first to ask for something of that sort. I actually don't think I have any family that are pipe smokers.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Masterson and Anderson are two more brands made in Israel. The X may mean it was a second.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Not exactly an Oom Paul to my reckoning, but close. A true "Paul" has a stem that's parallel to the bowl...90 degrees to horizontal. That one would be a full bent. Nice looking pipe though...your grand dad has good taste, even if he's not a piper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.