Oops...didn't mean to mislead

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Coastal Bend, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

For Christmas I ordered the Corn in the USA package from P&C for my grown, cigarette-smoking son. The package included three different MM cobs and a package of Burley Kake. I added a tamp to the order. Shortly afterwards I put together some small zip-locks of tobacco from my bulk supply. I keep a few small active jars and all the rest in larger jars. When I get to down to only about a bowl or so in the active jar I dump that into a bulk jar label simply "Leftovers."

When I sent the package of tobacco, just for the heck of it I included some but in a moment of whimsy I renamed it "Mystery."

Months passed and I didn't hear anything. I thought maybe the gift was a dud. I had hoped he would at least smoke a pipe some while he was home. Then last night he texted me saying he was enjoying smoking the pipe, but was having trouble finding any more "Mystery" to buy. Oops. :doh:

I explained what I had done and told him I'd package up some more tobacco for him to try -- although getting the exact blend of Mystery would be impossible. :xd:

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Lol ... sometimes the " Mystery " blends just rock ! It's good to read about your son taking up the pipe a bit ! My son , Nick , has as well and he is enjoying it . I sent him a few samples and things a couple weeks ago and look forward to getting his gist on the blends so I know what to better send him :thu2:

FlatbushPaul, Jussto, Robin and 2 others like this.
  3. Moose

Moose Active Member

Nice gift to your son CB. I have been doing the same thing, since I joined here, mixing all my leavings. Should be an interesting blend when it is finally finished.

That's a funny story about your son's question about the "Mystery" blend.:byg:

Coastal Bend, Robin and Basil Meadows like this.
  4. Coastal Bend

He had actually done a search before he decided to call me. Said the only thing close he could find was Solani X Sweet Mystery -- adding the comment, "It's kinda expensive."

FlatbushPaul, ruffinogold and esteban like this.
  5. Coastal Bend

That's a good idea.

6. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

"Mystery" does sound better than "Leftover". LoL! Nice gift for your son! The next time my wife tells me we're having leftovers, I'll suggest calling it a "Mystery Dinner", and serve it by candle lite!

Robin, Coastal Bend and ruffinogold like this.
  7. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Tell him "mystery" means he has to smoke it with a blindfold on.

Coastal Bend and Basil Meadows like this.
  8. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I too have a bits and pieces jar and was in fact looking at it this morning and thinking it was time to try it our. I think I'll do that at lunch today.

Coastal Bend likes this.
  9. bosun

bosun Active Member

Your "Mystery" is no worse than some tobacconist's "Charleton Place". All they do is buy bulk and re-name nowadays. We all have a "Hoover" jar I'm sure..may be good..may be meh..but it all burns and has nicotine!

Coastal Bend likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.