Oops!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Gradog, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gradog

Gradog Member

I met a guy at work that started smoking a pipe to cut down on the cost of smoking cigarettes. I asked him what he was smoking and he showed me a big bag of RYO tobacco. I asked him if he had tried pipe tobacco and he said that tobacco is tobacco. I had some C&D Bayou Morning with me so I gave him some in a plastic bag and told him to try it. He came in the next day and told me that he lit the pipe and was choking and coughing for ten minuets. I asked him if he tried to inhale it and he said, well yeah, why smoke if you cant inhale. My reply was OK. :0laugh: I just let it go at that. Some times you just have to accept the fact that some people are not going to listen. :roflmao:

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Sounds like a real connoisseur. :roflmao:

3. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Well... at least we can say he is a pipe smoker for the census.

4. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

I have had the same experience trying to convert cig smokers to the pipe. Some people will just never understand why we do what we do.

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

yeah, i have a customer, came in to bug me today (god i hate this @$$hole). he insists that the only way to light a pipe outdoors is with a cigar torch, and insists that his torches stop working after two weeks. we'd been over all this before, he just hadn't been refilling them, and the first time i met him he was trying to return a pipe he'd had for six months because he'd burned a hole in the bottom, then tried to return a lighter without a receipt because it was "broken".

he also smokes bugler tobacco in his pipe. go figure.

6. JTMac

JTMac Member

:roflmao: Some people are just hardheaded

7. woody

woody Admin Admin

I've tried to help a couple friends and family members get off cigs and into pipes but some people just aren't cut out for pipes. Pipe smokers are a different breed.

8. len smetona

len smetona Member

He needs a titanium pipe

9. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

I think he would find a way to exceed the stress curve of titanium. :startle:

10. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Keep working on the guy, it will eventually rub off. But we do seem to be a special breed, thank God I am one of the select!

11. rphillips

rphillips Member

Burned through a briar... And I thought I smoked hot, thats crazy. I had a couple friends give pipe smoking a try when I started and they walked away from it after a first try thinking I must have lungs of steel to suck all that in. I tried to explain to them how not to inhale and they just could grasp the concept, or the point. "Why bother if your not going to get it into your lungs." Just dont get it. Some people just need to stick with there cigs and weed.

12. mcgoven9

mcgoven9 Member

Trying to get people to understand that you do not inhale pipe smoke is like banging your head agenst the wall. I live in a farming community , and a lot of people use snuff. I tell them that you get the nicotine the same way. It is absorbed through the lineing in the mouth. This seems to help them understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.