Orlik Golden Sliced.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Linus, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Bought a pouch a few days ago, even though i could´nt imagine i whould like it (so far i´ve allmost only smoked aromatics), and i must say, the first bowl was, not very tasty, packed a new one a couple of hours later. by now í knew what to expect and it was somewhat enjoyabled, ang now after 5-6 bowls i enjoy it in a whole different way then i could imagine :)

Surely i will now be openminded for other virginia flakes, next up will probably be MacBarens. but with the price in mind, i will probably from now on never let it run dry before i buy a new tin or pouch, even if im still a sucker for supersweet aromatics :)

Stay curious and keep puffin´ :bing:

Old Codger likes this.
  2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Don't give up on OGS or anything new. Try them with different pipes, or jar them, let them age a bit, and try again maybe in a few months. Your tastes change and you learn more as you go along. I have come back to a few I didn't like later and enjoyed them.

MakDragon likes this.
  3. Linus

Linus Member

Well, as i wrote, the taste sort of grew on me =) so i´ll surely keep smoking it from time to time, especially since it´s a otc tobacco over here i denmark =)

4. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Me and Carter Hall is a perfect example of this. Just couldnt get it the first time, but then after a few bowls in a cob, my mind was changed.

psquared, Mington and Linus like this.
  5. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

It was the same for me and McB Plumcake. I still can't stand that s**t. But OGS is a good one, stick with it.

Linus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.