Orlik Rubbed Out Mild Honeydew

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by raisingale, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingale

raisingale Member

Is anyone familiar with this delightful Virginia/Burley flake? It comes fully rubbed out and ready to smoke. I bought some on a whim and have grown extremely fond of it. Despite the fact that it doesn't get great reviews I can't find anything to complain about. One review said it had somewhat of a honeydew rind flavor. I don't get that at all, just a very mild subtle sweetness and a great aroma. I'm already thinking I should order more. For any that may be familiar with it, could you recommend a similar tobacco? It's unlike any aromatic I've ever smoked. Not goopy at all. In fact, I don't really know if it would be considered an aromatic at all.
    Thanks!
    Chris

2. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

I like Orlik Golden Sliced. It stays good to the bottom of the bowl.

3. raisingale

raisingale Member

I've heard nothing but good about it. I think it's time I placed an order!

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

If your reading reviews at tobaccoreviews.com take them with a grain of salt, over the years I have found them way off base to my tastes in tobacco, as a matter of fact, I tend to like most of the tobaccos that get poor reviews and not like the ones that get the 3 and 4 star reviews. If you enjoy that blend invest in it and keep on enjoying it would be my advice. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.