1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Out for Delivery

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by nesta, Jun 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

My new pipe is en route to my house. Those folks at Iwan Reis get things done! Ordered friday and they sent it out the same day....Chicago to Ohio isn't too far, but its a long trip....anyway it should be delivered today....but the mail doesnt usually come till 2 or 3 and I work at two...

HOW ON EARTH WILL I MANAGE???

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Call in pregnant with complications...namely, that you're male.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

"Hey its me, I can't come in today because I got hit by a train when I was trying to put pennies on the track...yeah, I'll see you tomorrow"

4. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Work always interferes with everything......

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well I feel like a dummy! The space labelled "Current Schedule" was occupied by what should have been placed in the spot for "Last Week's Schedule," and the actually current schedule was in the spot for "Next Week's Schedule." I was at work yesterday and checked my schedule, and just looked for "Monday" without looking at the actual dates. I'm off today, woohoo! Now........

What will I smoke in my new Canadian first? If the bowl is of the same quality and general construction as my other from the same brand and line (Ben Wade Western) I'm thinking I might want it to be designated for Virginia based blends without latakia....so I'm thinking either some Ferndown Yellow and Brown or else LNF or LBF :bing:

6. Icepick

Icepick Member

I ordered a pipe from Iwan Ries last year and it made it in 3 business days. :gjob:

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If it gets here today, it will be two business days! I ordered Friday and they mailed it that day...from Chicago to Columbus on Saturday, sitting at the post office on Sunday, delivered on Monday....And here I went and placed an order around 3pm or so on a Friday!

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

WOW! Havent even put tobacco in it yet and I love this pipe! Perfectly clenchable, beautiful finish, great size for me and quite a looker! The only tiny "flaw" would be a slightly imperfect fit between the shank and the beginning of the bit...theres a slight gap on one side, but the mortise and tennon fit perfectly of course. Can't wait to fire her up!

But what to smoke?? They threw in a free sample of "Three Star Blue" aromatic pipe tobacco. Wonder if it's any good?

[​IMG]

Edit: Okay, so, I realized I have no pipe dedicated as appropriate for heavier latakia blends which would leave a lat ghost behind, so I think this will be a lat pipe. First smoke in it will be 1/3 of a bowl of Star of the East!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.