1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Out of all your pipes, how many get regular usage?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by AussieTX, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Last count, 31 pipes. about 60% of the time I smoke, though, it's the BST, the Baki, the L'Anatra. A further 30% of the time it's split between the two Petersons, the Johs bulldog, the two Savinellis, the Astas meer, the Winslow, and the Stanwell Zebrano. The remaining 10% tends to be split up among the rest of the pipes, with two or three getting smoked quite infrequently.

Obviously these figures are all estimated. I'd say, though, that the BST, the Baki and the L'Anatra take the on the lion's share of the work.
  2. Professor

Professor Active Member

Jun 19, 2012
    15 cobs, 3 meers, 1 briar.

7 of the cobs get most of the action. The meers: Now and then.
    The Briar: Never.
  3. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    All but two. They're so fugly I cant stand to look at them.
    jpberg and dwaugh like this.
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    They all get regular usage when theyre " out " . After a few weeks I put the group back in " the box " and pull another group out for a while .
  5. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I've got two cobs that I keep in my smoking kit, and they get smoked multiple times per day. I now have 29 pipes, but those two cobs get 85 percent of all my smoke time.
  6. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Out of the 100+ Grabows 2 doz get smoked often,when winter set's in and work slows down the rest of the heard will get fired up except a few special one's that are in the case.
    jpberg and dwaugh like this.
  7. user2725

user2725 Active Member

Feb 7, 2012
    I have about 30, 10 or so I am getting ready to part with, if I don't smoke 'em I ain't keepin' 'em.
  8. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

Mar 14, 2012
    8 of 8 get smoked at least once every 48 hours.
  9. Dottle_Dan

Dottle_Dan Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I have about 12 pipes right now. My Charatan Belvedere gets most of the action.
  10. jeff394

jeff394 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I don't have that many pipes, I only have 3 cobs and 4 briars. My MM CG is dedicated to Dunhill Flake, my two MM Legends are my "smoke at work" pipes (MB Navy Flake only), and then the 4 briars are dedicated to English, aros, and whatever else that isn't a VA.
  11. WayneTeipen

WayneTeipen Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I currently have 35 pipes in my collection. Of those pipes, four of them get regular use. This is only because those four are the only ones that I don't mind getting banged up and they travel with me. The rest of my pipes are pipes I only smoke when I have the time to sit and relax and enjoy.
  12. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Oct 3, 2011
    I have 6 Wilson Co. of UK pressed clay pipes of which three get smoked at least weekly... Three block meers, two get smoked at least once a week while the third, a smaller SMS bent billiard, gets smoked daily, and sometimes multiple times a day.
    My Gourd Bash with the meer bowl gets smoked on those times when I'm just craving one of those "Moments". So maybe once a month or so.
    I have currently 10 cobs that see fairly regular usage, with my bent CG and my Patriot getting the most action.
    My 14 briars get pretty regular usage depending on what kinda smoking mood I'm in on a given day. The GBD Shoreline blasted bulldog, and the Hardcastle smooth saddlebit billiard do most of the english/balkan smoking while the Royalton Bent bulldog, and the Sav Lumberman see most of the aro smokes.
    Finally, my falcon with it's 4 briar bowls is my workhorse for when I'm off to work. A full day of work involves 4-5 bowls.. One for the walk to work.. 1st 15 minute break, lunch break, last 15 minute break and if I dont get a ride home from work.. I'll pack up a bowl for the walk home.
  13. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Jan 23, 2010
    I've cut my stable to about 8 pipes. Of those 8 (maybe 10 as I think about it), only my 2 Ozark Mountains are used daily. I smoke the others on a whim.
  14. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Okay, now I have pipe envy. I only have three pipes but I smoke them all regularly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.