Outlandish sight.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by bowlerallover, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bowlerallover

bowlerallover Member

I was reading Bent's post the other day about tobacco prices. Well today I was at walmart picking up a few thing and went through the line by the cigarettes an stuff. At the bottom they had some CB white in pouches and the tub can thing. Pouch = $10.56. Tub = $68.78. I'm not joking either. I really don't even have words to describe this.

Im just curious to see if anyone else has seen anything resembling this. I'm a tad disgusted to be honest. Lol

2. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Where are you located?

3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

:startl: Wow for CB.. that's nuts.

4. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Yeah, Walmart's prices are ridiculous. My store doesn't even carry any pipe tobacco, not that I'd spend that much for it if they did.

5. bowlerallover

bowlerallover Member

I'm in northern Oklahoma.

I thought I should tell people that understand. Haha.

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

That is common here in Texas. There are a few shops that sell it for $6 per pouch (a far more reasonable price), but a good many more sell it for $10. I'd sooner be dipped in shat then pay $10 of a pouch of CBW!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  7. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Wow I had no idea tobacco was that expensive in Oklahoma. I could not ever bring myself to pay 10.56 for a pouch of CB.

Mington and Mark w4mms like this.
  8. bowlerallover

bowlerallover Member

Me neither. Especially when PA is five something. CB is cheaper other places around here, I was just blown away when it caught my glance.

9. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

It's the same story here in Iowa. I don't know what the deal is, but CB is way overpriced. PA is still around $4 a pouch, SWR is like $25 a tub. I don't know how the CB keeps going. I guess maybe there are just enough old timers who've always smoked CB and that's what they like and they don't know about their other options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.