P&C Trials and tribulations.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BrokeSmoker, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokeSmoker

BrokeSmoker Member

I ordered a Peterson fermoy last friday and my order remained pending untill today when I finally contacts them about it to see if there had been some kind of problem. Bob Gates sent me an email back saying he was checking into it and shortly after he sent another explaining the problem.

The fermoy ran out of stock. Apparently someone was ordering it at the same time I was and just clicked faster or is less OCD about being sure what they want than I am. He said that he would give me a Dalkey in the same shape as the fermoy and match its price for me (to that of the fermoy). I thought this was a rather upstanding thing to do and I sent him an email commending him for going above and beyond. I have heard of some of you having troubles with P&C and while stuff happens most people chalk it up to just that: stuff happening, this guy went out of his way to make it right and he earned a loyal customer in the process. Just thought I would share to let anyone who didnt know that they were good guys in on the facts that they are.

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Glad they got that worked out to your satisfaction. P&C are good people to deal with!

ol gto, FlatbushPaul and Lestrade like this.
  3. Capt

Capt Active Member

I have had them correct a few mistakes of the years, and I have always made out!

FlatbushPaul, HCraven and Lestrade like this.
  4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Glad you gave them a chance to fix it. Like Capt said, whenever I've had a problem they quickly fix it.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yep, I've never had a problem with them that wasn't quickly and professionally rectified (insert immature snickering because of my word choice).

Glad to hear you had a good experience with doing business with them!

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Although I've never had a problem with the orders I've placed with them, I've heard more stories of errors made by P&C than by other etailers, but I've never heard that they didn't correct the error at their own expense. We're all human, so I'll accept a good reputation for customer service over one for accuracy.

7. ol gto

ol gto Member

I've never had an issue with them.:th1:

Darkly likes this.
  8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Bingo. Granted, receiving a screwed up order can cause frustration but I've always found them easy to deal with and anxious to please.

ol gto likes this.
  9. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I made my second order from them today. I hope all goes well. The first order went well.

10. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

I ordered a tub of Angler's Dream and two tins of Blackwoods Flake from them Sunday. The BWF was back ordered then, and still is today, but I received my FULL order this afternoon. All three items. Good folks.

11. BrokeSmoker

BrokeSmoker Member

Yeah, what you said.

ol gto and HCraven like this.
  12. Scottly

Scottly Member

I received 5 different baccys and a MM Cob from them today. Not ever had a problem from them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.