1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

P-Lip...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Coda, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I quite like the one p-lip I have. Enough that my next bent system pipe will have one. For me it hangs on me face without serious clenching, making it easy for hands free smoking when dog walking and writing. But to my mind they make more sense in the half and especially 3/4 bent pipes. I don't want the p-lip on the bulldog that's in my sights.

2. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Me either. I know different pipes seem to favour different tobaccos but I've not heard anyone talk about noticeable flavour differences between the straight and the bent pipes specifically. I prefer cobs for Virginia flakes because of the sort of caramel corn taste I sometimes get with sweet Virginias

WarGhSt likes this.
  3. gic

gic Member

Well, the more bent the pipe the more condensation will ocur. Even more with Plip or with a Peterson system pipe. In some cases you can feel the difference, in some cases you can't. It depends on a lot of things like: the weed itself, the humidity of the tobacco, your palate, etc.

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I've certainly heard/believe the premise of avoiding tongue bite. That said, I've had fewer issues with it myself of late (I think I may finally be getting the hang of managing even some moister aromatics). That said I now have three or four p-lips in my collection and I find them very enjoyable smokes. No strong partiality toward them, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.