PA Cherry Vanilla

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by jhguthlac, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Haven't seen any posts for this blend for a couple of years. Has anyone tried it lately? It's been about 15 years since I gave it a go and I'm just wondering if I should try it again.

2. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I have some and to be honest I like it. It's just a simple smoke that has a decent flavor. Cheap and good whats not to like. The plain PA Vanilla is also worth trying if you like the cherry Vanilla

Shawn

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I think PA Cherry Vanilla is great ! PA Soft Vanilla is great as well ! For the life of me , I cant figure why these two blends arent next to the other Middletons products on the shelves . I can only find them online . Its strange . Ya know , alot of people , whom for some reason dont like Aromatics , gripe about goopyness , to much PG or to much aro flavor should really try these two blends . They are the opposite of what those people say about Aros .... I would think Middletons would sell alot of it if they had in on the shelves . Many people that have tried them at least like them if not really like them ! I get mine at wvsmokeshop ... they have the big12 oz bags or the pouches . I thnk the pouch is 3 dollars ..... it's worth a try , big time http://www.badlink.com/getsmiley.php?show=1754

jhguthlac and TedVig like this.
  4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Would you like some? I have a few ounces I got as part of a "collection" and I'm not likely to smoke it :D

5. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

I have tried both of the Cherry Vanilla and the Soft Vanilla, and they are okay to me, good flavor, but my big gripe with them is that I can't seem to get a pouch that doesn't have some large twigs and stem-like pieces in it. Makes is difficult to pack sometimes.

And Ruff, they sell them side-by-side next to the regular PA at the B&M smoke store I frequent.

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

I should go ahead and try these two again. When I first tried them, I was too new to pipes to appreciate aromatics. Now that I've got a few yrs under the belt, I'm still not a fan of aromatics, but a re-visit is in order.

7. JJ79

JJ79 Member

well i just bought a pouch today, as well as a new MM legend. i didnt seem to taste or smell any cherry or vanilla flavor or aroma. it may take a few bowls to find it though.

8. JJ79

JJ79 Member

just as an update, i have had about ten bowls of this and could taste the vanilla dominantly with possibly cherry undertones. i found that the tighter it's packed the harder it is to get the flavor out of it. but ymmv

ruffinogold likes this.
  9. WWhermit

WWhermit Member

I've thought the same thing myself. I keep looking for it at the stores, and always forget to add it in the cart when I order online. Damn old age.

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

I got some a while back. There was nothing unpleasant about it, all it lacked was nicotene and some tobacco flavor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.