1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Packed my pipe and forgot it. Results?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by KarlMaldenNose, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarlMaldenNose

KarlMaldenNose Member

Packed a Boswell's churchwarden with 1/2 McCranie's Red Flake and 1/2 Solani ABF early this afternoon and somehow forgot about it. Don't know how that happened because since I discovered this homebrew VaBur I've been dreaming about it some nights, it's so good. Anyway, too late and cold out now but I'm wondering how it might fare for tomorrow. Should I just leave it as is or unpack the tobacco and seal it up until I'm ready to smoke it again? I figure if I leave it in bowl the the top layer might dry out but the rest might be okay, and it should start up real nice being dry on top.

2. OBro

OBro Member

I say leave it and smoke it tomorrow. I've had some awesome smokes that were a couple days past when I packed them. I pack the majority of my pipes the night before I smoke them. Your mileage may vary though.

EmperorGix likes this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Sometimes mistakes can be a good thing smoke it tomorrow and you'll be the first to know. :)

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Leave it as is.

Next time, just before you "forget", light it and puff it for about 2 minutes. Then put it out and come back to it the next day. That one might DGT like a mofo!

5H4N3 likes this.
  5. furious

furious Junque collector

Have many pipes loaded, some DGT, just sitting on my desk waiting to be smoked. Some of them have been sitting there for months. It's cool to pick one up every now and then and re-discover what I was smoking at the time.

Eric Pierson likes this.
  6. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I forgot about some HV in a pipe the other week for 2 days. It was crispy and I had to smoke slow, but it still tasted good to me.

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Leave it alone. If you think it's dried out too much, just breathe into the bowl...this will rehydrate the top layer and you're ready to go!

KarlMaldenNose likes this.
  8. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

Just found a glass with Mississippi River I left out for about a week, was still sticky but only took two lights to get going. Was way better than a regular air dry time.

9. KarlMaldenNose

KarlMaldenNose Member

Ha! I used to do that with dry cigarettes. Worked like a charm. Might give that go here, I'm about to head out to the grage now with the forgotten pipe.

10. KarlMaldenNose

KarlMaldenNose Member

I've found that SPC Mississippi River can't be dried out like a lot of other blends. But I've never tried two weeks! Doesn't surprise me, I recently read that MR is treated with polyethylene glycol. I'll buy that. When I first opened a tin of it, I was surprised by its shiney, waxey appearance. I don't mind at all as it is a great tasting blend. SPC Plum Pudding seems similar in this respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.