1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

PAD and eBay

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by tsgourley, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

May 2, 2010
    I'm an IT guy by trade, working in web development. So it's really surprising to some people that I don't really use eBay. I did use it back around 2001, but it was such a hassle and was before paypal made paying for merchandise a lot easier (trust me, even with the hassle it is now it was much more difficult before). That and a few bad experiences kind of burned me.

Now with PAD in full force, I've decided to give it another shot, and won my first auction in a VERY LONG time, for a Brebbia Ninja 301. It's shipping now and I can't wait to get it. So far the experience has been painless and pleasant. As you guys know I have a thing for the author shape, and this pipe fits that need. :phew: I can't wait to try it out!

I've been using these search terms in the category: Collectibles > Tobacciana > Pipes

pipe -glass -hookah -marijuana -weed -author's -authors -souvenir -stand -rack -peace

(The minus sign filters those terms from your search so you don't see results with those words in them, just FYI) From there I can pretty much browse what I want safely and quickly. For those of us who use the auction site, what do you use when searching eBay?

Do you guys have any favorite big-name sellers? So far I browse a lot of auctions by great-estate-pipes, futurepipes, and futurepipes1 (for the Mario Grandi pipes. One of those will be my next big purchase). Do any of you guys sell a lot on eBay? If so I'll add your usernames to my favorite seller list.
  2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Nice pipe, good price! Many happy years with it,

3. BigFlatBrook

BigFlatBrook Member

Feb 8, 2010
    If you're browsing great-estate-pipes, you may want to monitor pipestud as well. He sells on consignment (like great-estate-pipes), and seems to give honest descriptions. I've never bought from either one, so no personal endorsement.
  4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

Jan 6, 2010
    you can have my name, rank and serial number but i'll never reveal my sources.

in all seriousness, careful. if the missus didn't occasionally change my ebay password we'd be living in a room full of pipes and have pocket lint as our net worth. and prior to messing with ebay i'd always prided my self on impulse control, i mean ****, i've not bought new shoes since fall of 04.
  5. Jay

Jay Active Member

Apr 29, 2010

I've had a good experience with craiglist for pipes, they don't come up often, but when they do they are usually a bargain. Sometimes they come up in yard/ estate sale ads.

happy hunting

6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Thanks for the tip on searching TS always looking for ways to save time. As for PAD & eBay your right it is a dangerous combination. I too have lost control a time or too. :phew:
  7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Feb 9, 2010
    TS, Mikkyc is a favorite of mine. All pipes are retort cleaned, and all aspects of the deal are way above board.

Be very careful with jud_perl, they basically send pipes in the condition that they recieve them, and sometimes there are flaws that don't get noted. I don't think that they are dishonest by any stretch, but they could be much better at describing what you are getting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.