1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

PAD Attack

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by soundlzrd, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Last week I as hit with a serious case of PAD. It was a perfect storm. Money became available, a trade commenced and my local shop got around 100 estates in one lot.

Bellow are three that I have in hand. The others are in the mail.

First up, the Tim West estate. Unsmoked! I have wanted a Tim West from the moment I knew his shop was less than ten miles from where I grew up. The deal was good and the shape is awesome! Nice light pipe perfect for a flake.
    [​IMG]

Next up is a bent falcon. At one point I had three. Never were go to pipes, but had there place out side and when teaching new smokers. However, u had given all mine away to new smokers and wanted to try a bent.
    [​IMG]

To round up the current pictures, I ordered a meer from SP. I am finding I really like meerchaum and "needed" another medium bent, but this one with latice work. Like my other IMPs, this one smokes from the first real lite all the way down.
    [​IMG]

I am glad that Cup o Joes was out of the Meer or it would have been 6.

Sean

Wideawake75 likes this.
  2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Wow... and next a Tinsky........Well done Sir!

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Or two, need the Christmas pipe too!

Gonna need to sell something to make room...in the bank account.

4. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Dang!! Get this man a :cpill: for his flare ups of PAD!! That Tim West looks nice, and good that your shop got some nice stock in right as the funds filled up. My local guy has got a great selection of pipes and sometimes will order them special on request. Although I have to admit it feels fun to have a wad of money in the account and just roll over there and say "I wonder what will peak my interest today?"

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

...and don't forget Wiley!

6. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Yeah. I am friends with the owner, so he will special order things for me and set others aside if the funds are not there. However, not knowing what you might find is half the fun.

Also, one thing on the pad list is Morta. I need to see if this wood is any good.

CalPiper likes this.
  7. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I am not sure I can add another carver. Tinksy and Harckert's retirement funds are hard enough to supply.

Jesla likes this.
  8. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

Nice haul...

9. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice score!

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Great score, SL! Love the white-ish
    stem on that meer! Well done.

11. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

The stem is what won me over, as the color changes I think it will look even better!

Thanks guys, I am happy!

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I'm diggi'n that ipm. Very nice indeed.

13. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Well another pipe showed up today, my Altinok Meerschaum. I opted for the regular shipping and waited. At my first break at work I pulled up the tracking to find out it was at my local post office. When I called to see if I could pick it up they told me it had actually made it out on the truck today. I was bummed to find out on my way home for work, that the drive had not made it back yet.
    However, as I pulled into m driveway he was just down the street. I walked up to the truck and asked if he still had the package, which he did! I signed, ran home, loaded and lit it up! First bowl was great, and I am looking forward to the fresh wax taste going away.

[​IMG]

For those looking for a meer, my experience with Altonik was wonderful. It shipped the same day I ordered, it was an in stock pipe, and it came with a neat little certificate and hand written thank you. I look forward to ordering another, maybe over the summer.

14. Nate

Nate Member

Man, those are some sweet pipes SL! Congrats!!

15. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Member

I LOVE the shape of that first one, nice pick good sir

16. ichabod

ichabod Member

The Tim West is really cool and the lattice meer is awesome!

Congrats!

17. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Great score, Enjoy!

Paul

18. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

The Tim West looks very interesting. I've considered that shape from other makers but never bought one. How does it smoke?

Never enough meerschaums. I bought a IMP medium freehand yesterday. Your experience with Altonik is nice to hear about.

Enjoy!

19. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

The shape smokes great. Been fighting a cold and other illnesses so I have not had that much time to smoke any of the new additions. Real shame really,

Altinok is top notch! The whole experience was fun! Much like ordering a pipe from a custom carver like SAS or Tinksy.

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Thank you. Adding Meerschaums since they seem to be initially the most neutral as I try out different tobaccos.
    I'll have to keep an eye open for the horn shape and try one of those.
    Hope that you feel better soon so that you can enjoy your latest acquisitions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.