1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

PAD+EBAY=2 new Falcons for me.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sasqets, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

The first time I saw a Falcon pipe, I thought it was a bit on the ugly side. But I kept reading threads about how well they smoke and I got a little more interested in the idea. By the next week, I thought they looked like the perfect pipe to clench while driving and walking and just knew I HAD to have 1.(or 2, or more..) So my PAD started to kick in and I started perusing the 'bay for likely candidates for my next pipe(s). :)
    Here's what I found. 2 unsmoked Falcons from the 60s. I hoped they would have better briar attached than modern ones. They are both a bit different, but so am I. :eek:hyeah:
    The Shillelagh:
    [attachment=771:BShillDkBill2.jpg]
    [attachment=772:shillelagh pipe.jpg]

And a blue anodized straight:
    [attachment=773:BluDkAlg1.jpg]
    [attachment=774:BluDkAlg2.jpg]

These both really spoke to me. When I look at pipes, its almost a zen thing. They gotta speak to me in some way. Or does that just sound weird? ;)

Anyhoo, they are on their way to me now. I just wanted to share my addiction...

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Nice score Sasqets! I like the black one. Never seen a falcon where the shank is twisted like that, Rugs digs it! Hope you enjoy them as much as the rest of us do.

3. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Nice! Now those are Falcons I really dig. Especially the twisted shank. That is beautiful. Between these pics and Falconeer's posts, I think I'm beginning to change my mind about those pipes...

4. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

Heres a good view of some different Falcons
    http://www.smokingmetal.co.uk/pipe.php?page=97 :cheers:

The person I bought these from also had more. But they had painted, colored bowls. :thumbsu:

[attachment=779:BShillOrgApp4.jpg]
    [attachment=780:BShillBluBill3.jpg]
    [attachment=781:ShillGrnAlg1.jpg]

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

The Boy done good! ...and how! What a score - I thought I knew Falcons back to front but I've never seen either of these too before. The bowls look old style quality too. Well, well done and many happy years with them. And to think I just wrote to someone recently saying "no one ever bought a Falcon as a collectors piece" - wasn't I wrong!

I know exactly what you mean about pipes not just speaking to you but yelling in your ear and going straight to the heart - just like that with the last two I bought.

Once again congrats,

Gerry

6. rusty

rusty Member

Nice looking Falcons, I too have never seen a twisted pipe. Unsure of the coloured bowls?

7. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

Thank you, sir. ;) Thats quite a compliment coming from the Falconeer himself. :cheers: :thumbsu:

I wont lie. The PAD has a hold on me again. There's a couple more I have my eye on... :D

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

There's no escape from PAD - take that from a 60 year old busy trying to lay hands on a Peterson Supreme 999 shape with gold band!

Giving in is the easiest way or alternatively persuade your nearest and dearest you need a Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary Whatever present and "Pipe X" would be ideal - sometimes ( actually quite often ) it works!

Gerry

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Those Shillelaghs are awesome! Well bought, sir! [​IMG]

10. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

11. ErichPryde

ErichPryde Member

thanks for posting the link. I saw the one with the greenish metal stem and the brown bowl and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to resist it. It's a Jade Falcon, after all. One of those pipes I'm just not sure I can leave behind.

that being said, I guess I hope nobody else wants it....

12. Longrifle3006

Longrifle3006 Member

you guys are killin' me and my budget with this stuff....after reading stuff here on the board I just ordered 5 MM cobs, and now you pop up with the Falcons????

PAD and TAD is gonna get me in trouble..... :suicide:

13. Rider

Rider Member

they both look great :velho: are the colored bowls brylon?

14. hoss

hoss Member

Man, i really dig that Shillelagh shank. Nice! I see she's got another - albeit, a more standard color variety - up for auction at the moment.

I'll have to keep this line in mind when i get around to picking up another falcon or two. The stem on mine is getting quite a bit of chatter marks, so i've been thinking about a replacement lately. Of course Gerry's no help here, every time i see the screen name Falconeer i'm reminded of the stem wear issue and eye my ebay tab. :velho:

15. Sasqets

Sasqets Member

I don't know what they're made of. I'm guessing painted briar. Maybe Falconeer can elaborate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.