1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pad Has Bitten Me As Well

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by JD1969, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD1969

JD1969 Member

I found a great little B&M right by my work. I knew it was there but wrote it off as a cigs only type place. Stopped in and they have a really decent selection of pipes from Peterson, BC and a few others. I could not resist the BC Castel he had, especially when the owner said he would do it for $55.00 out the door along with 2 oz of English blend they had.
    This is the pipe I got, the grain is a little different but I don't have a camera at work, so a link is the best I can do. So now, should keep this for ant certain blends? I am finding I really like blends with latakia in them, but I also know it can ghost. This is my first "nice" pipe, I have a cob that I smoke a bunch (aromatics) and a Dr. Grabow. This hobby is going to get bad, I can tell.
    http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/butz-choquin-castel-ultra-pipe-56017121

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's one fine looking pipe JD! When it comes to latakia, you'll probably want to dedicate a pipe to it as it does indeed ghost. In my experience, SH Krumble Kake, Presbyterian, SG Squadron Leader and Spilman Mixture ghosted quite noticeably, so my Arnold billiard is my weapon of choice for latakia. Which pipe you dedicate to latakia will depend on how often and where you smoke them as you might not want to risk a better pipe when travelling, etc. Maybe this means you need to go back to the B&M and see if there's any more deals...

Bri2k

P.S. I know what you mean about this hobby getting bad. I just sank a chunk of my tax refund on a new Sterling, a large pipe case and some more OGS.

3. JD1969

JD1969 Member

I have a couple of cobs that I use when out and about or working in the garage,I sure am less productive now but I feel the quality of my work has improved since I took up the pipe. I am thinking the BC will be for latakias as I really seem to enjoy them and I only smoke them when I am relaxing. If I am working in the yard or garage it is usually an aromatic in a cob.

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Sounds solid, JD! When I saw that pipe, I thought it looked like it had English written all over it.

Bri2k

5. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

Good looking pipe! I love your forum pic as well. Your right about Latakia it does ghost a pipe. I don't mind most of what I smoke has latakia in it. You were also right about the hobby. But, I wouldn't look at it as "bad". I prefer "challenging"

Z

6. JD1969

JD1969 Member

I have been waiting for someone to comment about my avatar pic. That is my old pal Leroy may he RIP. One night while I was sitting on my deck smoking, he picked up my cigar (after I had let it go out), I acted fast and got a pic of him with it. He actually did not want to give it up, damn near bit me when I tried to take it from him.

7. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Standard answer "resistance is futile" :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.