1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

PAD hit me hard this week...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Raffxr7, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I started with a bent apple-ish shape that had a P lip stem, but the button did not direct smoke to the top, just straight out like a fishtail. I stepped out the door to go back the next day, and had a package containing a rock cob, which I have been smoking the heck out of! A review is coming soon. My anniversary is this weekend, so it may be Monday before I have a chance to get it posted. I went back to my B&M after packing the rock cob with the included tobacco (I was quite surprised with that secret addition! And pleased, too!) I was eyeballing a HUGE bent pipe that had the proportions of a nose warmer. It had a sharper bend than most of my other bent pipes, but that is OK by me. I needed a few more large bent pipes in my rotation so I could give my driving pipe a better rest. If I have extra change after I dump my jar of coins (my extra cash goes into it so I donĀ“t upset my wife too much) into a coinstar, I will likely go back for another large bent pipe, even if it is the same style. The bowl is about two inches deep and is 13/16ths wide. A quarter inch taller and I would need a longer pipe tool. I call this pipe Godzilla.

Pbucket is not working for me right now, so I will post pictures tomorrow. They are already uploaded this time!

2. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

[​IMG]

The pipe on the left has a P lip that exits the traditional way, not towards the roof of one's mouth; it also has a flat bottom, but the balance is off and is not a sitter.
    The pipe on the right is a monster, with a bowl around two inches deep and three quarters of an inch wide. The stem is acrylic, and has a stinger. Does anyone recognize it? It is a slightly odd pipe in regards to proportion. Both pipes are stamped CZECH, with no further indications.
    The wood block behind the pipes is an ash wood cigar holder I made. It also works for a few pipes, but not well.

David Emond likes this.
  3. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

hmmm never heard of czech pipes. But a quick google search brought this one
    =In the Calabresi line there is the Budget line, the Algerian Imports, Italian Imports called Czech.

Saw a few threads on these pipes and all posters had only good things to say about these pipes.

4. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

The airway is too restricted in the smaller pipe, the larger pipe smokes like a dream. The airway was very open, at least without the stinger. The draft hole was drilled a hair too low on both, which was easily corrected to make it function well. That is the only thing I could find wrong with any pipe in the case of baskets... Heck, there was even a brebbia (or knock off) pocket pipe in there when they restocked. I wish I had gotten it now. The larger pipe just seems unusual, so I wondered who made it and what it was named. Curiosity is all, I am very pleased with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.