1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Pad Of May

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dubhdarra, May 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

so there was this pipe bowl listed as an antique clay pipe base or something like that...
    any rate, it turned out to be an austrian meerschaum, its carved with a castle and has some silver fittings on it but no stem, an archaologist friend of mine who's a pipe maker and expert dated it between 1810-1840. i really wanted it and was going to have it fit with a period appropriate stem. failure to win. suck.
    link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300422580292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

so because me and the little lady actually have money right now (rare bloody occurence) so i decided to be horribly irresponsible and bought a bunch of pipes. theres one more i'm looking at but i'm not posting it cause you bastards will jack it.

links.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270571924644&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320523996827&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120562739395&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i like all three but i'm super piss my pants excited over the orlik double bore, partially because ruggers is always bragging about his radice doublebore (theres a nice one up on ebay right now incidentally), partially because i like orlik pipes, and partially because i bid on one of these a while back and got sniped last minute on it. any rate i'm super freaking excited and i needed three additional pipes for my rope tobacco, lakelands, and one more for... um... cause its a pipe.

so grossly irresponsible, but much needed. a good reward for the hardest semester of my collegiate career i think. can't wait til they get here so i can enjoy them.

lemme know what you think of them.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Like the Comoy with the amber coloured stem, seriously like the one with the silver band -ggod luck with the hunt; fingers crossed for you!

Gerry

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:wtf: Who you calling a Bastard??? :doh:

4. Rider

Rider Member

looks good Mr. 1***d lol. i didnt even know orlik made pipes :doh:

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

yeah, i picked up one the guy said was from the early 30s at the NY pipe show. looks like it should smoke like crap but its amazing, dry and cool, and its a real looker too. as far as i can tell they stopped making them in the mid sixties though.

and ruggers, prolly you. dunno. you snipe any comoy's i'd posted about? :wtf:
    i'll link ya to that radice twin bore though, not as pretty as yours but you always need more pipes. think it said oil cured as well.

6. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

I looked and they all looked great. Did you win one?
    Z

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

managed to snag everything but the one really old meerschaum.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Cool! Have you decided what blends to dedicate to which pipe?

9. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

thinking BBB is getting dedicated to heavy latakia blends, then switching the guildhall billy i use for 1792 to my rope pipe, and making the orlik the 1792 pipe, then using the comoy for the lakelands. of course i'm going to see how they function with PA and then some sort of VA flake before I commit any of them to anything, gotta see which have the best mechanics for each.

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

sounds like a plan! i'm sure you're gonna have some fun while you're at it! :-D

11. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

now they're in my posession i finally remembered to post a pic. bottom to top they're the new laxley manx/manpipes meerschaum, brand new in box shape 31/2 in primaeval yellow, the next up is the orlik doublebore, new in box, one above is the BBB tortoiseshell billiard, and finally the BBB silver band billiard. i'm very happy with the score and they're all fantastic smokers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a mighty fine collection there dub! I hope you get years of enjoyment from them!

Bri2k

13. Burner

Burner Member

Love that Orlik and the meer is sweet! Happy puffin

14. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I KNEW it was you! I just KNEW it!

Nice gets, Dubs, and I think your prices were even nicer.

15. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

thanks, i'm already puffin away on all of em :)

looooovely smokers!!! definitely recommending the african meer to anyone on the fence.

16. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Wow! Congrats. A great looking bunch there.

That first one was a rare find for sure. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.