1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

PAD sadness has set in...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BradNTX, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I commissioned two pipes earlier this past summer. One was from the Czech Republic (JanPipes), which arrived on schedule and is a very beautiful looking and smoking pipe. The other was from the UK and I got bad news on today.

I was told the UK pipe might be done "by the end of summer" or "by the end of the year". At summer's end, I emailed the maker and he indicated he had sent me an email (never received) and w/o response sold the pipe to someone else. He did offer to make another and said it should be ready before Christmas.

I got an email today saying the pipe was ready, and to "check the price on line". We had settled on a price previously, so was curious. I checked his website and the pipe was $100 more than I was quoted. When I inquired, he mentioned that it was larger, and more fancy than what I had ordered (it was). He offered free shipping and some toby, but alas, I've decided to not accept.

The fancier, larger pipe is just a bit larger than what I think I would like and does not look quite as expected. I loved his previous pipe completed at the end of summer. I now have PAD withdrawel. :sick:

I hope Sas can help me feel better next month.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Sure. Tell ya what. Let's agree on a price now, and then a month from now I'll raise it by only 50 bucks. Now how's that for service?

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I'm glad you warned me early, so I can start low. :whistle:

4. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

he just made mine bigger/cooler than what i asked for and charged me what we originally agreed upon. its a good thing canadians have no business sense ;)

5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I mailed a pipe to Sas today. He'll save me.
    Be well.
    OBD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.