1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

PAD :/

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Linus, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Stanwell are for sure good midrange pipes many smoke as well as any high range pipe :)

Oh, going for some stanwells perhaps?

Naa, i wont thin that herd, but i'll be selling of some of my other ones, just have to decide wich ones, no easy task letting go of them :)

What addiction *denial denail denail* :)

Svart likes this.
  2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Nice collection there! Stanwell is probably my favorite manufacturer, and I think they stand a bit above Savinelli and Peterson for the price point, especially in their Danish made pipes.

3. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

I smoke briar pipes far less than any other (cobs, meers, falcon).
    That being said, I love Stanwell's. My Stanwell is my overall favorite pipe, even though it doesn't see action all that often. The only thing better than a Stanwell is 27 Stanwells.
    :drly:
    Nice collection!

4. Linus

Linus Member

Thanks everyone :)

I guess 27 stanwells should be sufficent, for a while *haha* but every now and then i stumble upon estate stanwells, and the pad sets in XD

jdto likes this.
  5. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Great score! I wish I had that many Stanwells!

Linus likes this.
  6. Gig

Gig Member

I've got three Stanwells and I hardly smoke them, NO you can't have them. I should get them out more as they are great pipes :)

7. Linus

Linus Member

Are you sure ;) they whould have great company :)

Naaa, i gotta hope for a good pay in the emd of the month, couse next month we are invited to a fellow smoker/collector who is selling of loads of pipes, according to himself there should be about 20-30 stanwells in the sellbox, and i could'nt let Flemming get all of them :O he allready have about 3000 pipes where over 100 are stanwells :)

8. Linus

Linus Member

When they're all cleaned up and buffed i intend to take some better pics of them, so you all have something to look forward to, but i still have a bunch of BBB's etc etc to clean up first (not mine, but they and a load of sav's are spending some time here for touchups before the owner begin to sell them)

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I have one Stanwell Danish Reserve 63 and it smokes wonderfully.

Linus likes this.
  10. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

Congrats on your big score. There is no cure for PAD, it is a progressive disease that will continue to consume you. The only thing you can do is.....buy more pipes.

Linus likes this.
  11. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the pics!

I'm pretty fond of two of your pipes. One is in the old batch, near the center, the little rusticated number with a slight bend. Nice! I also am digging the little dog, second from the bottom on the left in the new batch. All of them are nice, but those two... SWEET! :th1:

I felt satisfied with my single pipe for about the first 2 months I started smoking. Over the next year I bought 3 more, and thought that would do the trick. Then I found PSF...

I'm at 22 pipes now, but can say my PAD has definitely slowed. I have 3 pipes on my list, with one already commissioned. I think I could be happy with what I have once those are on the rack. I feel more TAD than PAD at the moment, but... things change.

Linus likes this.
  12. Linus

Linus Member

My experimintation with baccy slowed down now that i've found 3 fatastic blends, first Haddo's delight from Greg Pease, to bad it's not possible to buy here, in the future i will order from USA, but with customs and baccytax here it's gonna cost me a fortune. I also found 2 customblends at FF Pipes, also periqueblends. :) it's so much easyer when i've discovered blends with generous amounts of perique :D

BradNTX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.