1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

PAD :/

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Linus, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linus

Linus Member

Stanwell are for sure good midrange pipes many smoke as well as any high range pipe :)

Oh, going for some stanwells perhaps?

Naa, i wont thin that herd, but i'll be selling of some of my other ones, just have to decide wich ones, no easy task letting go of them :)

What addiction *denial denail denail* :)

Svart likes this.
  2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Nice collection there! Stanwell is probably my favorite manufacturer, and I think they stand a bit above Savinelli and Peterson for the price point, especially in their Danish made pipes.

3. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

I smoke briar pipes far less than any other (cobs, meers, falcon).
    That being said, I love Stanwell's. My Stanwell is my overall favorite pipe, even though it doesn't see action all that often. The only thing better than a Stanwell is 27 Stanwells.
    :drly:
    Nice collection!

4. Linus

Linus Member

Thanks everyone :)

I guess 27 stanwells should be sufficent, for a while *haha* but every now and then i stumble upon estate stanwells, and the pad sets in XD

jdto likes this.
  5. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Great score! I wish I had that many Stanwells!

Linus likes this.
  6. Gig

Gig Member

I've got three Stanwells and I hardly smoke them, NO you can't have them. I should get them out more as they are great pipes :)

7. Linus

Linus Member

Are you sure ;) they whould have great company :)

Naaa, i gotta hope for a good pay in the emd of the month, couse next month we are invited to a fellow smoker/collector who is selling of loads of pipes, according to himself there should be about 20-30 stanwells in the sellbox, and i could'nt let Flemming get all of them :O he allready have about 3000 pipes where over 100 are stanwells :)

8. Linus

Linus Member

When they're all cleaned up and buffed i intend to take some better pics of them, so you all have something to look forward to, but i still have a bunch of BBB's etc etc to clean up first (not mine, but they and a load of sav's are spending some time here for touchups before the owner begin to sell them)

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I have one Stanwell Danish Reserve 63 and it smokes wonderfully.

Linus likes this.
  10. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

Congrats on your big score. There is no cure for PAD, it is a progressive disease that will continue to consume you. The only thing you can do is.....buy more pipes.

Linus likes this.
  11. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the pics!

I'm pretty fond of two of your pipes. One is in the old batch, near the center, the little rusticated number with a slight bend. Nice! I also am digging the little dog, second from the bottom on the left in the new batch. All of them are nice, but those two... SWEET! :th1:

I felt satisfied with my single pipe for about the first 2 months I started smoking. Over the next year I bought 3 more, and thought that would do the trick. Then I found PSF...

I'm at 22 pipes now, but can say my PAD has definitely slowed. I have 3 pipes on my list, with one already commissioned. I think I could be happy with what I have once those are on the rack. I feel more TAD than PAD at the moment, but... things change.

Linus likes this.
  12. Linus

Linus Member

My experimintation with baccy slowed down now that i've found 3 fatastic blends, first Haddo's delight from Greg Pease, to bad it's not possible to buy here, in the future i will order from USA, but with customs and baccytax here it's gonna cost me a fortune. I also found 2 customblends at FF Pipes, also periqueblends. :) it's so much easyer when i've discovered blends with generous amounts of perique :D

BradNTX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.