1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

padded

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by dubhdarra, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i'm developing a particular pad strain, namely vintage BBBs. there's a particular line of theirs, a kinda reddish stain with a silver band and black acrylic stem that dates back to the 40s. i really really really like them. so i bought another one. i'm aware i've probably paid too much for it but i really dont care. they're great pipes.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...341309&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_566wt_1137

sorry no pics by me, camera was returned in less-than-operable condition.

2. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Pipe OCD me thinks. I get this with lots of new projects and hobbies, I think TS mentioned the same.
    How does it go.... If you want it put a ring on it.... Oh it already has a ring.... Then you must want it.... And if you want it who gives a flying how much it costs just get it. Could be dead tomorrow.....

Oh and nice pipes, anything banded does it for me.

3. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

That is a beautiful pipe, i could see myself paying that price for that pipe.

4. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Great, classy looking pipe. No way do I think you overpaid, especially if you really like it.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

that dark blackish red colour does it for me very time - it's the standard Old Boy colour! Can't say I dislike banded pipes either, in fact I love them - so enjoy!

Gerry

6. Jay

Jay Active Member

that is a beaut of a pipe, I especially like the stem,and you can't go wrong with the band. It looks to be in used but well cared for shape. It may not be the bargain of the decade but who cares, we won't tell the missus.

J

7. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Could be worse, you could have an affinity for brylon....

8. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

or the god awful paronellis that are painted to look like carbon fibre that we have in the shop..

any rate, thanks for the compliments all, i think i've got one more in the works. if anyone knows a bunch about BBBs please send me a PM, i think this one that arrived was mis-dated and may be earlier than tim had thought... the stem is different from any BBB stem i've ever seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.