1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

PATRIOT FLAKE- Dan tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by sarge564, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarge564

sarge564 Member

As is human, I want what I can't have. I got two tins of Patriot Flake a while back. One to smoke one to cellar. Umm, smoked them both. Now, can't get it. Anybody KNOW of one that is close or have a few tins they want to trade?

HCraven likes this.
  2. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Let me check with Riegel's here in Fort Wayne, Sarge. I think I saw a tin or two around (though it might have been Independence I saw). If they have it, it should already be well-aged. ;)

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mars has 5

Ed
    Puff

SouthBound, Elwin and HCraven like this.
  4. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

There you go Sarge, looks like a couple of possibilities.

How would you describe Patriot Flake? I have it on my TAD list, but have never tried it. I'm curious to see what somewhere besides TR thinks of it.

5. sarge564

sarge564 Member

HCraven- let me know if they have it. I will be going through there on Sun/Tues, would be glad to find them and get a few.
    Brad- I am no review writer. To me, it is a little less than sweet (good) and mellow. Not too wet but not too dry and easy on the lighter. Just a good tobacco without any foo foo stuff. See if this helps-
    I like OGS, Escudo and Limrick but not twice in one day and sometimes not daily. CB wasn't good for me. I'm a big fan of CH but have laid off the OTC stuff for now. Erinmore flake was a little strong for me. University flake was okay for my taste, but I blended in some Ashton's Guilty Pleasure and that made a wonderful smoke. Independence was pretty good but I thought it burned a little hot. So there is my taste if that helps you. Patriot Flake was a good all around non-stop smoke for me. I wish I would have paid more attention to how quickly I went through two tins of it.
    One thing I am curious to see is if the tins I got were aged and some new stuff wouldn't be as good. I have ordered some MacB's Virginia #1 to see how close it is.
    Happy smoking.

BradNTX likes this.
  6. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

You can order it direct from Dan Pipe in Germany. Google will translate the pages for you. They were out of bulk when I last checked, but you can get it in bulk, too. I've had no trouble getting stuff shipped from Germany.

7. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Riegel's isn't open on Sunday, but if you're passing through on Tuesday, I can get you there. I didn't get over there today, but I'll make a point of checking tomorrow. Depending on the timing, maybe we could even sit down at the shop and smoke a bowl. Keep me posted.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I checked with Riegel's this morning and they didn't have any in stock at either downtown or Georgetown. Sorry, Sarge.

9. Puff The Magic

Mars still has 5 tins....

Ed
    Puff

SouthBound likes this.
  10. sarge564

sarge564 Member

HCraven- Thanks for trying.
    Puff- Thank you too. Going to see about ordering it now.

11. sarge564

sarge564 Member

Order placed. Thanks Puff

12. sarge564

sarge564 Member

The 5 tins of Patriot Flake came in the mail today! Thanks for the tip Puff. Also I stopped at a pipe and cigar shop and picked up a sweet little pipe. I'll get a picture and try to post it on here this week.

13. Puff The Magic

TAD rule #1: gotta get it when you can!

Glad you did! ;)

Ed
    Puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.