1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

peanut butter

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by sarge564, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarge564

sarge564 Member

I have cleaned estate pipes before. A few that I couldn't even get a cleaner through the stem when I first started. So obviously a few years of grime and neglect. Various odors from good to not so good, but never in my life have I ever smelled peanut butter while cleaning an estate pipe. Salts, bleach, Jim Beam and PEANUT BUTTER.

Two questions- Do you think the previous owner smoke a peanut butter blend by Reese's???

What other funky smells have others experienced?

2. ichabod

ichabod Member

I got a pipe once from an antique shop that had candle wax all inside the bowl.

The store owner's wife thought it would look cute to use pipes as candle holders...and yes, it was a scented candle. It's some type of pine tree smell, green wax all over it/inside it.

3. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

That actually doesn't sound like a bad use of bad smokers, ichabod.

4. ichabod

ichabod Member

Yeah, they had a bunch of them tied to this christmas tree made out of barbed wire as some sort of...um...decoration. I think they were going for a "western" christmas look but it ended up looking like something from a Saw movie...with pipes on it.

5. CarlBC

CarlBC Member

Moriarty's Merry Murdermas?

ichabod likes this.
  6. ddandb

ddandb Member

Had to look it up. Sure enough, Altadis puts out a Peanut Butter blend.

7. sarge564

sarge564 Member

Well that explains that. After the first two bowls, it has shown potential to be a good smoker.

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Grousemoor leaves a similiar finish and scent. Seriously.

9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I thought you were yanking our chains, so I had to look this up. It did exist, but it doesn't look like it went over very well. (Whoda thunkit, eh?) What in the blue blazes are they thinking over at Altadis?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.