1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Penzance Vs. 1776 Tavern

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DMWyatt, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Having spent a bit of time with each blend, both are very similar to one another to my tasting ability. I think that Tavern has the edge on complexity, but it also has everything under the sun and the kitchen sink in it as well. Both are blends that I like very much, but both come with their own issues with one being ungodly expensive, and the other often being harder to find than ta tas on a bull. There are certain points at which, when smoking either, I would be unable to distinguish the two in a blind taste-test. Choices. Choices.

2. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Just smoked some Penz last night and have some Tavern in the cellar. Need to do a side by side. Thanks. I will let you know when I do.

3. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Penzance is one of the Classics. I ordered a sample of 1776 Tavern and while it had a multitude of flavors I couldn't help but think it had a light sauce on it which I didn't quite agree with.

4. Calvinandpipe

Calvinandpipe Active Member

I don't taste the similarity, 1776 Tavern was good but I agree with Rodfather, it had some kind of topping.

5. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

WOW! Just checked the $ for that 1776 Tavern. Not cheap!

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Penzance is smoother and a little stronger in Lat flavor to me. I give the Tavern the edge on complexity, but Penz wins in overall enjoyment for me- no contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.