1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Perfect dog walking pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by James Harr, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harr

James Harr Member

So nightly, I take my greyhound Boris out for a walk. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes. Generally my pipes are too big for that. Even a half pipe of my Captain Pete takes longer than that. So I got this Peterson Smooth Calabash. It is small and light and I think the bowl will be just the right size for a dog walk. I'll be enjoying a bowl of Epiphany this evening. Anyone else smoke one of these little beauties?

[​IMG]

Jussto likes this.
  2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nice looking Pete. I just saw one of those on the bay that I missed... :(
    Have a good time walking the dog!

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Another "Iddy Biddy Pete" is the Belgique, slightly larger capacity and great smoker! You are right, ~20 minutes or so. Perfect size for the doggie too! ;)

Full size GH? I have three Italians....

Ed
    Puff

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

That is a nice looking pipe. Looks like it would balance easy without having to clench.

5. James Harr

James Harr Member

Puff, yes he is a full-sized (90lbs) grey. He's a young retired racer.

Capt, yes, it is so light. No need to clench. Being the first smoke, I had to relight quite a bit, but over all I think it will be a good pocket pipe. The Epiphany smoked nice and smooth. This is my first Amer-English tobac and I might just be in love. :)

6. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

That would be a nice Flake pipe, I love small Pete's

7. furious

furious Junque collector

Small bowl I.e. Dunhill no.2 is in order here. When I walk my black lab, I usually bring along a kaywoodie yachtsman or missouri pride cob. I have a few old Dunnie patents that fit the bill for a short smoke too. Usually fill only halfway for 20 min. Walk around the neighborhood.

8. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice looking pipe. Congrats!

9. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Love the look of those little Petes.

10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I have a small bent billiard Peterson that is my favourite dog walking pipe. The weight, the balance, and for me, the P-lip, are perfect for fast hands free mutt trots. Fifteen to twenty minutes, depending on wind and pace.

I don't usually like the calabash because of the size. That one looks really great. Perfect size for the purpose

11. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I have that exact pipe, and like how light it is. I'm not sure I'd trust it on a very windy day though, my walls are on the thin side, but overall a great little pipe! I also have a Pete warden that has the same bowl on a warden stem that is a favorite too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.