1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Pete tankard

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    A perfect pocket pipe,shirt pocket that is!

About a DH size 2.5-3. Slender stem & shank. Nickel band. P-lip. Purchased at SP in spring 2010. This has been a very nice pipe over the long haul. A touch difficult to get broke in due to the tall-narrow chamber but she smokes fine now and has for a while.

This pipe is in the Pete Specialty Pipes and I can see why. If you're looking for a quick smoke (about 25-30min.) get one! Similar Petes are the Barrel and the Belgique (each smaller bowls respectively). I have owned a Belgique since 2009 and it's a winner too!

2. len smetona

len smetona Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I got one a few months ago. Overall, I like it, it has its place. I searched for a smoothe one. A disapointment was the finnishing, it was rough - like it needed more fine sanding. But for a pocket pipe, it works. For carrying in a pocket, I separate the stem, that makes it just about indestructable.
  3. Gig

Gig Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I have a Peterson tankard and this particular pipe was the only Peterson that gave me hell to break in. The sour notes it gave me whilst smoking was unbelievable but patience and perserverance paid off and it's now a very good smoker especially I find for flakes :)
  4. Bog Oakie

Bog Oakie Member

Mar 23, 2013
    I've had mine for a few months (rusticated) and it is my current favorite for smoking at the end of the day, right before bed. I broke it in with a flake based on a lot of reviews I read, but now I fill it almost exclusively with GH Broken Scotch Cake. I'm a heavy Lat. guy, but I love this combination.
  5. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I've always loved the look of Pete Tankard's, had thought about getting one for a long time but decided I already have enough pipes so they money would be best spent elsewhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.